Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My Rebellion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: My Rebellion   Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:09 am

"Oof!"

Rebecca Coulson's knees hit the cold tile form in the throne room that she swore she would never willingly be in. America had fallen to the threat that it once defended itself against so readily. That threat was one that her own father had almost died for the first time it reared it's not so ugly head.

That threat was Loki.

After Loki had defeated the Avengers, no heroes came to his aide. Rebecca, at that time, had been an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Around her, other agents had fallen until the agency itself crumpled. Yet there were a brave few who created a rebellion to bring the new king to his knees and Rebecca was one of those chosen few. While she worked and toiled in America to get people together who could help, her father Phil worked over seas trying to stop the action over there.

She had failed and now she, alongside Loki's own brother Thor, and her best friend Clint Barton, known as Hawkeye, had been brought before King Loki for their crimes. She could feel the chill in the room, probably for the fact that it was created of ice, but would not bow willingly to the man who sat on his throne. She would never give in.

He'd have to kill her first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:56 am

"How many times must I ask my guests to bow? Is it not customary to bow to your ruler?" Loki asked in his cold voice as he approached his throne to stand before the prisoners. He'd been talking with one of his loyal followers when the trio had been brought into his throne room. Not all of them were actually loyal, at least not by choice. Some he had used his magic on to make them loyal.

"Even those human usurpers of your thrones were shown the proper respect and were bowed to were they not? So why don't you just make it easier for yourselves and follow in their footsteps?"

He sat down on his icy throne, a smirk on his face as he watched the three prisoners. He watched them for a moment before becoming curious, at least a little. "Tell me, who was it that managed to catch not just the daughter of the famous agent Coulson, the archer and my dear brother Thor? I shall have to reward them greatly." He said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Bowing was customary of most knewly conquered kingdoms but Rebecca had swore that she would never bow to this man. He was a villain and a monster, someone that only wanted power in the world. Her defiant eyes met his, spotting the mind controlled form of her once friend Natasha Romanoff at his side.

Natasha had been the one to capture them, Clint firmly believing that he could fix her. It hadn't been so simple and even Thor in all of his power fell to the spy. As he spoke, she shook her head, "I promised myself that I would never, ever bow to you. You're a coward."

The room was beautiful but it was also cold, something that she could tell echoed the looks of their captor. Clint was the one who spoke up about the capture, Rebecca mentally slapping him in the head. "You know damn well how we got here! You took over my Tasha's mind and turned her into something she's not!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:47 am

"It is ridiculous how many of you insist I am so, when in fact, I am not." Loki replied with a shake of his head, getting up from his throne to start pacing. "I believe to be a 'coward', I must first fear doing or enduring unpleasant, or dangerous things. From where I am standing, that does not appear to be the case. Do you know nothing of my history dear Rebecca? I have endured far worse than anything you could have. I have died before for a start."

He paused at Clint's words, remaining still for a moment before he grinned. The grin was not a happy one, like one that in the past would often have been seen on Thor's face, but one that showed pleasure; one that hinted that there was a kind of madness hidden within him.

"Whatever do you mean Hawkeye?" He asked, his voice perfectly calm, using Clint's codename mockingly. "I only helped her return to what she was before S.H.I.E.L.D 'fixed' her. You of all people should be aware of her past as a killer, as a pawn for the highest bidder..." He added, glancing over his shoulder to watch the archer's reaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:18 pm

The words about being a coward cut to the quick when Rebecca listened, her eyes never leaving the god who was now pacing in front of his throne. "Cowards fear more than the unpleasant Loki. For starters, cowards fear those that they know have more power than they do. The reason you took over Midgard and not Asgard was because you fear Thor and Odin. You fear that you will never be as good as either one of them. And you know what? You're right. You will never be even half the man that Thor is."

Clint attempted to stand and was forced back to his knees. He wanted to hurt Loki, kill him for insinuating something so terrible about his Natasha. Yes, once upon a time the Widow had been an assassin, a spy in the service of the bad guys who wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty for whoever needed her. But the look in Natasha's eyes as she had hurt them, had taken them down, was not the look that his Natasha gave. He knew what that look was. That was the look that one had after Loki had mind controlled them. "You didn't fix her you little bastard, you hurt her!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 am

"I do not wish to be a 'man' like Thor!" Loki suddenly snapped, spinning around to face Rebecca. His emotions, as they always had, were able to change in an instant, at the slightest provocations. He could go from laughing happily to having a temper tantrum similar to that of a young human child in a matter of seconds; sometimes even with the tears. If anyone ever took him to some sort of counsellor, he'd likely be diagnosed with some form of 'mental illness' as he'd heard humans call things in the past.

Barely a few seconds had passed before his expression softened again, before he was back to the usual cold personality people saw. "Why would I possibly want to lower myself to a mere mortal?" He said before turning his gaze on Clint, shaking his head at the archer's outburst as if he hadn't just done the same. "Why would I want to be something so breakable, so... weak?" He added the last part just to wind Clint up more, smirking as he watched him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:15 am

"It's a pity because your brother is a good man," Rebecca growled, glancing from the defeated Thor to the man who paced in front of his throne. Where was Tony to help them? Or even Captain? They were stuck in this jam and they had to get themselves out of it. "Thor cares about his subjects, he cares about what happens to the people in his realm. Look what you've done to Midgard in a matter of days. We had beautiful cities, beautiful libraries and places. You and your men have destroyed it!"

Clint seethed as he listened to Loki, "You're too weak to do your own fighting. You couldn't capture us on your own, you couldn't take down your own brother on your own. Hell, Rebecca and I are those Midgardian's you always say are so weak and you couldn't stop us but Tasha could!"

"Clint..." Rebecca warned.

But it was too late Clint was beyond angry and let it slip, "And guess what? Phil Coulson's still alive as well!"

"Clint!" Rebecca said in anguish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:39 am

"He is not a good man!" Loki shouted, stomping a foot on the icy floor. His emotions seemed to snap back and forth depending on who it was he was speaking to; as if Rebecca and Clint were talking to different people entirely. "He abandoned those who needed him at the words of a woman who thinks herself a warrior. He sided with a bully in place of doing anything to stop their cruel taunting!" Tears shined in his eyes for a moment before Loki hid his pain and blinked to clear them away. "And we have not destroyed this place. This building is the only one I have changed."

He then glared at Clint, towering over the kneeling prisoners from the icy platform his throne was on. Hesitating for a moment, Loki glanced at the guards, only stepping down to their level once he felt sure the prisoners weren't going to escape.

"I'm too weak am I Barton? Who was it that brought down S.H.I.E.L.D on their own? Why do you think your precious 'Tasha' was strong enough to take down two agents and Thor?" He leaned forward so that he was closer to Clint's eye-level. "It was me Barton who brought them all down one by one. It was me who lent some of my powers to agent Romanoff so she could capture Thor. ME!"

At the mention of Coulson, Loki did not look all that surprised, he merely raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Oh I know he is Barton. I spoke to agent Coulson myself before starting all of this. Did he not tell you?" It had actually been a while before starting his attack, years even, when Loki had returned briefly with his new plan to take over Earth after being stopped the first time. He had even come close to succeeding before Coulson had caught on and stopped him. His point was though, that he had still seen the agent, who apparently hadn't mentioned it to the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 pm

There was something deep down that Rebecca sensed made him speak of Thor in such a matter. Before she could reply; however, Thor was speaking. "Loki...I knew not what I did when I was young. I thought of nothing but my own foolish gain but you needed my friendship and I understand that. I understand that I let you down brother. Sif was a woman who I thought I loved. She should have never come before you brother. Never."

The three prisoners grew quiet as their captor approached them. Fear ran through Rebecca's mind. What was going to happen to them? What was in store for them when they were to be dealt with? She watched Loki lean down to be eye level with him and took a deep breath, "You may think you are strong. You may think you've won but you won't, you won't win. You couldn't even capture your brother on your own! You failed and had to have someone do your dirty work for you, just like last time."

Clint spat in his face but the chuckle and words of Loki broke Rebecca's heart. Loki knew that Phil was alive. Loki knew that he was somewhere out there in the world doing what ever he had to. With a deep breath, she finally spoke up, "It doesn't matter. We'll stop you. We will."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:23 am

"Be quiet." Was all Loki said in response to Thor, trying his best to keep any emotion from leaking into the words. It didn't quite work though at first the words sounded cold, those listening carefully would be able to notice that he ended up sounding more like a child about to burst into tears than a king.

"None of you realise just how powerful your new king can be." He said as he stood in front of Clint, speaking slower than normal both to make sure they listened and to regain control of his emotions. "Thor has seen it, but denies it as he does all the times his 'brother' has helped him over the years. I can capture Thor, it is not all that difficult. He proved that himself in the jar they built for the monster...on the ship you helped me destroy." His smirk returned, only to suddenly disappear again as Clint spat on him. Instead Loki froze, a surprised look on his face. He stayed like that for a moment before slowly reaching a hand up to wipe his face, faking amusement as he did so.

Just as sudden as Clint's action had been, Loki suddenly snapped.

He reached a hand out and grabbed the archer by his throat, hatred in his eyes that was usually only saved for Asgardians like Odin and Sif. "You dare spit on your king? Has no one taught you such actions would lead a man to his death?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:26 am

Thor bowed his head, his blonde hair falling over his face. He was ashamed of himself. He had let his brother fall into anger because of his then love for Sif. He no longer loved his friend and he shook his head. There was a sad tone to his voice but Thor would never throw it back at him.

Rebecca knew that Loki was a dangerous man. He knew that Loki had trapped Thor inside of the case that they had built for The Hulk, Phil had told her that much. What she had not been told was that Clint had helped Loki. She schooled her emotions, trying not to let her sudden anger bubble out of her. "You may be powerful but you are still a coward. The sooner you rid the world of us the sooner-CLINT!"

As Clint was grabbed by the throat, Rebecca felt real fear. She was afraid that Loki was going to kill her friends. Yes, it had occured to her that Loki may kill them but being shown it was a different story entirely. Clint clawed at Loki's hand, choking out as he tried to get an answer out, only managing to sputter out Tasha's name.

"Stop it Loki! Stop it!" Rebecca screamed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:52 am

Loki ignored Rebecca's words as he focused his anger on Clint, his anger accidentally tapping into powers he tried his best to avoid ever using. His hand gripping Clint's throat turning blue as he unwillingly brought out his Jotun side. It didn't really help him that his throne room was decorated in a way similar to the one in Jotunheim. He'd wanted it that way because the ice was cold and intimidating and figured it was appropriate for his rule. Loki hadn't decorated it himself though; some of his guards were Frost Giants he'd convinced to join him, so Loki had made them do it.

It took him a moment to realise what was happening, Loki jumping slightly before quickly letting Clint go, staring at his blue hand for a moment before crossing his arms to try and hide it.

"Take the prisoners to the cells." Loki said after a moment to the guards holding them before turning his back to the trio, stepping back up to his throne. He didn't sit though, instead remaining standing, his back to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:37 am

Clint couldn't breath. It felt like a glacier was crushing his windpipe and when he looked down, he realized why. Loki was part Jotun. Loki had the blood of the Ice Giants coursing through his already cold veins and heart. He let out a gasp of breath when he was let go, crumbling to his knees.

Rebecca did his best to get over to him, only being able to struggle against the guards. "If he's dead you bastard, you can make damn sure that I'll kill you when we get out of here." There was no doubt in her mind that they were going to get out. She would do whatever it took to free her friends before the reinforcements arrived.

She noticed that he crossed his arms, wondering why he had suddenly let go of Clint like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:41 am

Though he still had his back to the prisoners, Loki rolled his eyes. "I did no such thing. You'd know it if I'd killed him." He said before turning just enough to look at Rebecca. "I'm sure he would try tell me how I won't succeed, then make a poor attempt at my life. Like your father did." He added with a grin. Even if Coulson had survived, he knew it would hurt her.

"Make sure they are in separate cells." He said to the guards before turning away from them once more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Those words cut Rebecca to the quick. Her father had died, almost, when she was young and those thoughts still broke her heart. She had lost her mother at a young age and her biological father had abandoned her when she was born. With a deep breath she nodded at him, "You're not even half the man that my father is. When he comes to save us...he'll kill you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:06 am

Hearing Rebecca's words, Loki burst into almost insane sounding laughter. "Oh really? With what? That pathetic excuse of a weapon he used last time?" He shook his head, glancing at her with a dark look in his eyes. "Oh how I'd love to see him try. The agent who could not save himself... I dare say he'd come close, but fail once more."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:05 am

Rebecca wasn't sure what hurt her more, the cruel words that left Loki's mouth or the fact that he was right. Memories plagued her mind, memories of how she had almost lost her father once, and she sunk to her knees as the guards dragged her, Clint, and Thor to the dungeons. She laughed, these were the rooms that she knew too well. She realized she had known where to find Loki because he had taken up residence in what was once Stark Tower.

Rebecca leaned against the wall of the cell, muttering to herself, "Come soon pops...we need you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:44 am

Once the prisoners had been taken away, Loki stormed off to his room. It was once Tony Stark, Iron Man's, but not now. This room was left more or less the same as it had always been, only any form of security device had been frozen over or destroyed, Loki having demanded it after the first night in the room, frustrated by the voice known as Jarvis.

He sat down on the bed, frowning as he stared down at his hands, one of which was still faintly blue. The sight reminded him of the giants he'd been raised to hate. Enentually, Loki grew frustrated at the fact his Jotun half had been brought up, even if No one else had noticed. In a fit of anger, he fired a blast of blue energy at a picture that hung on the wall, destroying it before putting his head in his hands.

Down in the rooms that had been converted into cells, Clint was sitting staring off at nothing, silent as he recovered from Loki's assault earlier and partly because he was brooding over how they'd ended up there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:13 am

Rebecca glanced at the cells on either side of her. On one side sat Thor, his pride having finally fallen as he sat on, depressed. His hair cascaded over his face so Rebecca couldn't exactly see his facial features. She guessed that he was broken about everything that Loki had said to him in the throne room.

On the other side was Clint. She had been living with the Hawk since she had gotten back from Iraq and he had helped her to see that despite her bum leg, she was still the agent that everyone had always expected she would turn into. She could admit that as a child she found him handsome and had a slight crush. As she grew up, it turned into a mutual respect, something that they both had for one another. "We'll get out of here Clint. We will."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:26 am

Clint sat staring off at nothing, lost in thought. He was going over ways he could help Natasha be free from Loki, but none came to mind, until he remembered she'd had to fix him once. He tensed before forcing himself to stand, pacing to avoiding freaking out over the memories.

He paused when he thought he heard a voice, standing there for a moment before realising it had been Rebecca.

"What makes you so sure of that?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:40 am

Rebecca took a deep breath at the question that Clint posed. Why was she so sure that they'd get out of there? As far as she knew, Phil hadn't been alerted to where they were yet. Hell, as far as she knew none of the last remaining S.H.I.E.L.D agents knew where they were. Not Fitz. Not Simmons. Not even Melinda Mae knew where they were.

She shook her head and looked down, "Optimism I guess...they have to come looking for us eventually..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:42 am

"Optimism huh?" Clint smiled a little at that before turning to actually look at Rebecca. He watched her for a moment before he spoke again. "Would that be the kind that got Tony out of those caves years ago? If so we could use some of that."

He looked around again, letting out a sigh at how little he could see out of the cells. "I guess while we're here, we can at least try to find out if any of the others are here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:13 am

Rebecca looked at him with a chuckle when he mentioned that being what got Tony out of those caves. While she wasn't going to point out that Tony had a mech suit to get him away from them, there was the fact that none of that would have been as possible if Tony hadn't looked at the situation optimistically.

She moved to the bars, trying to see if she could see anyone else. There was no luck but she heard someone. She wished she had her lockpick. That's when the thought hit her. She quickly moved her hand up to her hair that was held in place by bobby pins. While Loki and the Jotun had taken away anything they considered a weapon, they hadn't thought about those. She removed one from her hair, sitting on the floor in front of the lock. "Thank you Tony for teaching me this..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:04 pm

“Thank you?” Clint looked back at her when he heard the words, not sure what she was referring to. He slowly came closer, resting an arm against the bars that separated them. From what Clint remembered, this had all once been a single room, but now it was divided into cells. “What’re you doing Becs? Not getting us in more trouble are you?” He asked jokingly. He was a little worried though that things would somehow get worse.

It wasn’t like they had a whole Avengers team to help them out this time.

“I thought they took everything off us, so what could you possibly do to-“ It hit him then, when he actually caught a glimpse of the small object in her hand. “Why do you know how to do that?” He asked afterwards, not entirely sure he wanted to know the answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Rebecca looked up at Clint as two large frost giants passed, she passed off her actions as if she was simply knelt on the floor crying like a girl would in this predicament. As soon as they were passed, she looked up at him and grinned, "Gettin' us out of here. If you can follow my lead, we'll be ready to take over from the inside out. Are you ready for that?"

She shook her head, "They took my weapons but they didn't consider the fact that I'm a girl and I'd have bobby pins. Tony taught me once when I was a kid. He showed me cuz he knew that it was either learn from him or learn from dad..."

Suddenly a sad thought crossed her mind, "Clint...this is Stark Tower and...and if Loki was able to take over it does that...does that mean Tony's gone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Rebellion   

Back to top Go down

My Rebellion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next