Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:00 am

Phil Coulson had not always been a confident man. There was a time when he was younger where he had been timid and meek, mostly because he was always sick. He didn't make friends easily, scared of what they would think when he couldn't do play because he was hacking up a lung. Then the greatest thing to happen to him did: he found out about Captain America during one of his father's tales. Captain America was everything Phil Coulson was not. He was brave, beloved, and blessed with athletic ability. Phil realized at that moment how good of a man the hero was and started emulating him. Instead of a shy and meek boy, Phil found rest as a confident and brave man. For that reason, he was always happy to keep up with the exploits of the Cap'n.

That's why he had been so excited to be able to meet and know his hero. The fact that he was able to meet him, even if he didn't sign his collectors cards, was enough. For the few days he had to get to know his hero, Phil took in everything he could. After he did have to leave, Phil thought he would never have to interact with the man again.

At least that was what he thought.

When he became head of S.H.I.E.L.D., Phil realized that he was going to be in charge of making sure that his agents were safe. There were to that, even though he didn't realize it, he gave preferrential treatment. Rebecca Coulson, his daughter, was kept out of serious trouble because she was his daughter. Steve Rogers, Captain America, was kept to the helicarrier because he was Phil's hero.

Not that he'd ever tell him that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 am

Steve Rogers was anything but a 'normal' man. He hadn't been since he was given the Super Soldier serum. That was back during World War 2. Before the serum he wasn't much better than the man who idolises him had once been. Steve had been an average height and fairly thin. He hadn't been that strong either, he'd barely been physically capable of running down the street.
The serum had fixed all that and Steve found himself performing as 'Captain America', originally just a stage show to motivate the troops. One thing led to another though and soon he was a war hero who ended up frozen for 70 years.

Now he was just a guy who helped Iron Man and a god back when New York was under attack years ago. One who was still struggling to keep up with the changes and events that had happened while he was frozen.

Being kept around the helicarrier both helped and didn't at the same time. It saved him having to deal with the ever-changing world outside, but being stuck in the one place all the time was starting to make him restless.

Recently, he'd gone back to his old habit of not sleeping and spending a lot of time in the gym, which was where he currently was, working on a punching bag as usual, despite various agents' efforts to speak to him in an attempt to get him out of there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:17 pm

"Agent Rogers, it's good to see you here this morning," Phil spoke as he entered the gym that morning. Though most other agents never saw it, Phil still liked to catch up on looking physically his best. That included working out when he needed it. Mostly he did this in the mornings as to avoid the others but this morning it seemed as if Steve had decided an early morning work out.

Walking over to a treadmill, he glanced at the punching bag the other man was working over. He realized that maybe Rogers was growing restless and that's the last thing he wanted, his hero to be bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:41 pm

"People generally don't refer to me as 'agent'." Steve replied, not stopping to actually see who he was speaking to. He worked in a few harder hits on the punching bag before realising the voice was a very familiar one and stopped after a moment, putting a hand on the bag to steady it before glancing over in the direction he'd heard the man head in, quickly turning around to face him properly when he realised who it was.

"I'm sorry sir! I didn't realise it was you, I should have been paying more attention." He said, straightening up to salute him out of habit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Phil had to reign himself in so that he didn't blush when Steve Rogers saluted him. Though there was not physical attraction, anyone who was saluted and shown that much respect from their hero would be that proud to have a reaction like that. He grinned, "At east, Rogers, I just thought calling you Agent was better than just calling you Steve. I thought you'd have more respect for that."

Phil smiled at him, eyes glancing over him, "So, tell me, how have you been?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:23 am

Steve nodded, lowering his hand before shifting into a more relaxed position before a small smile appeared on his face. "I do appreciate the thought sir, but I don't think you can really call me a proper agent can you? Not like I do all the stealthy stuff like agents Barton and Romanoff do."

At the question about how he was doing, Steve hesitated. He rarely lied, if at all, but he wasn't sure if he should say how he really was doing. He let out a small sigh before responding. "Well, I've been better I suppose...but I've also been worse. So I guess I'm okay." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. Being vague at least wasn't lying, plus it saved saying something that he thought might upset Phil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:21 pm

"Well you've definitely done a lot of work for us. There was Manhattan after all and the trouble you helped Agent Romanoff cover in Russia. You've earned the rank of Agent even if you aren't an agent like Barton and Romanoff," Phil smiled as he leaned against the wall behind him.

Noting the hesitation, Phil was a bit appreciative when the answer was vague and not a lie. He thought that maybe Steve was restless but at the same time he didn't want Steve to be hurt. "Steve...Cap'n...if you're thinking that you aren't being utilized...you can tell me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 am

"You think so?" Steve couldn't help but looked touched by the comment, often worried people didn't appreciate him like they did Tony Stark, or the more obviously super-powered heroes. He smiled softly, brushing a hand through his hair as he looked down at his feet, signs of the boy he'd once been before the super-soldier serum showing through for a moment.

"Well..." He said after a moment, hesitating slightly, trying to think of how to respond without upsetting Phil at all. "I guess maybe it would be nice to get out even a little..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:13 pm

"I know so. Had you not been here to help cover up that problem in Russia, the world would have found out and we would have had terrified masses on our hands," Phil nodded in Earnest. By the way that Steve was standing and the body language he gave off, Phil could tell that he was happy to hear he was needed.

"So you think you should be able to go on more missions? I'm sorry if I've made you feel unneeded Cap'n," Phil frowned, though he wasn't upset. For once, he had been selfish and hadn't thought about how what he was doing was affecting others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 am

"I suppose so," Steve nodded. "Agent Romanoff is perfectly capable of handling things though."

Seeing Phil frown, Steve found himself frowning as well not liking being the cause of such things, he always felt guilty when it happened. "It's not that I feel unneeded, a lot of people come to me for advice...I just- I'm used to being out there doing things. Staying in one place too long isn't really my thing. I've done enough of that already."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nolee McCallister

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:26 pm

"While Agent Romanoff may be a talented agent, without your help the Winter Soldier would have taken over." Phil confided in Steve. It was true. The Winter Soldier was every bit as powered as Steve and they had been a good fight against each other. "I am glad you were here to help us."

"I'm just hoping that I didn't make you feel too unneeded," shrugged Phil, "Tell me, what sort of mission would you like to be off doing?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:52 am

Steve nodded, deciding to just leave the comments about Russia, finding it better not to focus too much on past missions. He didn't like comparing old missions to others, he just thought it distracted him from focusing on current events. That and he was worried focusing on the past too much would lead to him eventually allowing the shock of all the time he'd missed to catch up to him. He was glad that the New York incident had been there to distract him from it when it had, even if it was bad.

"It doesn't have to be a mission." Steve told him. "I just like to get out every now and then; even if it's just training or to familiarise myself more with everything."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:26 am

Phil knew his hero like the back of his hand. He was too humble to take the due praise that he deserved. With a slight nod of his head, he smiled and continued, "Doesn't have to be a mission? Well...you could always join us for poker night at Stark's place. And there is the occasional trip to see what Banner has been up to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:42 am

"Poker? Hmm...not sure about that one, that could get me into trouble." Steve said jokingly, chuckling a bit a bit afterwards. "Although I wouldn't mind seeing Bruce, I don't really get to much." He knew deep down the Bruce Banner could cause more trouble than poker ever could if he was pushed too far, but knowing that his fellow Avenger was sensitive about the issue, Steve avoided talking about it, even when Banner wasn't around. Steve was just like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 pm

"Yes, Tony enjoys poker. We don't always play for money, considering Tony has so much of it already," shrugged Phil as he spoke, chuckling at Steve's comment. "Bruce has been doing work for us in the labs here. He's been training some of our younger techs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:14 am

"Oh, yeah I heard he does gamble occasionally, but not as much as he used to." Steve said, nodding to show he understood. "I didn't know Bruce was training anyone though. Have I met any of them? Oh, uh actually...how is he doing with them? Not had any problems with his uh, other form have you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:27 pm

"No, not as much as he use to," nodded Phil with a quite chuckle, "He's helping with some of the lesser techs in the lab. Not with Fitz or Simmons of course. I doubt you've met them. They're quite friendly and since then we haven't had problems with the big guy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:26 am

"He is? I haven't really seen Bruce all that much; but then I'm normally pretty busy." Steve replied with a shrug of his shoulders. He tried to remember if he'd ever met Fitz or Simmons, but although the names sounded familiar, he couldn't recall ever actually meeting them. He smiled though after hearing they hadn't had any incidents with 'the other guy'. He knew Bruce really hated having such problems, though when they'd first met, Tony Stark had made Bruce feel at least a little better about it. "Well he is a scientist, so I'd say doing what he loves helps keep himself calm."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:33 am

"Exactly," Phil nodded with a smile on his face. "We thought that by keeping him doing what he loves we'll have less problems with the big guy. It's worked so far. We always make sure to keep tea and chocolate by as well. They seem to calm him down."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:46 am

Steve chuckled, not surprised by the solution they'd come up with. "Well tea and chocolate works for most people doesn't it? At least some of them anyway." He said before looking around. "Is here around today?"

Last edited by Shea on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:20 am

"He should be in the labs, he usually is," Phil nodded, "Would you like to go see him? I'm sure it could be arranged."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:38 pm

"Sure, if he's around it would be nice. You know I haven't really seen much of the others at all since New York besides Natasha. Everyone's always off doing their own thing." Steve said, shrugging his shoulders. "No hurry though, unless of course he normally leaves soon."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:44 am

Phil thought about it, "You know...I don't actually know if he's left or not. He tends to come and go as he pleases, and really, no one here is going to stop him. We're all a little afraid that he'll...well...you know what he's capable of..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:24 am

Steve almost laughed, but thought better of it and simply nodded instead. "Oh yeah, I know. I'm not sure he'd react that badly if he was asked to stay a little longer, I'd say he has a bit more control than that Coulson."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Coulson chuckled and nodded, "All the same, I'm still a little wary of the man."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)   

Back to top Go down

You're My Hero For A Reason (Steve/Phil)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next