Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Seven Minutes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Seven Minutes   Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Seven Minutes

The longest that someone was considered legally dead before coming back to life was nine days. Phil Coulson was declared legally dead for seven minutes Though it wouldn’t seem like that long of a time frame, it was long enough for Phil to see the one person who he had lost that meant the world to him: his cellist Viola.

The scene had been so perfect that he knew he was in Heaven. It was a park on a sunny day with the sun’s rays reflecting off of the lake just right. A park bench sat on the side of the lake and that’s where his Viola sat. She looked beautiful with her black hair pulled into a braid with her painting jeans and plain white t-shirt. Single yet beautiful, the way Phil loved her most. He sat down next to her, dressed in his nicest suit, putting his hand over hers. “I did good, huh?” he chuckled at Viola as they glanced at the scenery. In the distance he could see Lola, his cherry red car sitting in the parking lot.

“Oh Phil, you did good but you shouldn’t be here…” Viola sadly stated, shaking her head.

“I know…Becca is gonna miss me but she’ll be fine. Tony and Steve promised-“

“No, Phil, you shouldn’t be here. It’s not your time,” Viola stated again as she squeezed his hand. “You have to go back down there…”

A pained expression crossed his face, somehow he knew it wasn’t his time. But this glimpse of his loved one made him wish for what might have been. “I was gonna marry you. I had the ring and everything I just…I thought…”

“You thought you’d have more time,” Viola stated turning to face him. She threw her arms around him, a warmth enveloping him. It was everything that he missed and everything that he loved, recalling memories of Viola’s life on Earth. It was movies at the drive-in, dinners in Little Italy, and cuddling on the couch as a family with Rebecca. “Tell Becky how proud she makes me.”

“I will,” Phil replied as he pecked her cheek.

A flood of air was brought into his lungs and his eyes opened, though not very wide. The blinding florescent hospital lights shone in his eyes and he could hear the whispers of doctors. Glancing down he could see the equipment he was hooked into. A tube led from his nostrils to an oxygen tank, an IV was plugged into his arm feeding him liquids, a heart rate monitor was clipped to his finger, and possibly a catheter was inserted as well. The doctor was shocked, though relieved, with the difibulator in his hands, “Director Fury, he’s-“

“I can see that!” Fury’s voice came from bedside. Phil’s eyes flitted over to the bedside where Director Nick Fury sat. Though most people thought of Nick as standoffish, Phil knew the truth. Nick was a good man with a good heart. “It’s good to see you made it, Coulson.”

“I…did we…”

“We’re down on the ground fighting now, Agent Barton is back under our control,” Nick smiled. “And Rebecca is safe. We have her placed in the offices in DC, sending her home to Manhattan was too much of a risk.”

“Does…does she know I’m…”

“Coulson, we didn’t know until now that you were,” Nick frowned, ringing his hands together. “Until we go see her…”

“I need to go see her,” Phil tried to sit up but groaned in pain. The place where he had been stabbed felt terrible, as he expected it would. “I need to see her Director she lost her mom and…and she can’t think I’m…”

“Slow down Agent, you won’t be fit to move for some time. After you’re discharged from the hospital, you’ll be ready to leave S.H.I.E.L.D,” Nick replied. He and Maria Hill had talked about Agent Coulson’s departure and she was ready to pick up where her good friend had left off.

“Leave S.H.I.E.L.D? Sir…I’m an Agent…this is all I know how to do,” Phil frowned. From the time he had been an army ranger, he had wanted to help others, “I won’t stop being an Agent because of something like this…”

“Agent Coulson, it’s highly ill advised that-“

“Since when have you and I been one to listen to rules?” Phil asked, though he was growing tired. He wouldn’t stop doing what he loved for an injury like this, no matter if he had almost lost his life or not. He wanted to make Viola and Rebecca proud of him. “I’m still an Agent.”

“We’ll speak about this in detail later, Coulson. For now…why don’t you get some shut eye?” Nick requested, “I’ll tell you about the battle of New York later.”

Sleep came easy to Phil, dreams of what his heroes were doing in the battle mixing with thoughts of his daughter. Phil Coulson, by all definition, was still dead to his friends. But he’d be damned if he was still dead to his daughter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Seven Minutes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1