No Heroes or Villains In This Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) Empty
PostSubject: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm

There were times in his life that Harris Freeman didn't know how he let himself get this way. These times were usually when he was stumbling into the house drunk, falling asleep alone on the couch. After his divorce, he had taken to drinking more on the weekends. During the week he was sober but when he went out of town, out of Gotham, on the weekends, he allowed himself to become a drunkard. It was part of the reason he had gotten divorced in the first place.

The divorce had come with a change of living arrangements. She won the house in the divorce so Harris was forced to move downtown to New York City. He was not living in a studio apartment that was cheap enough on his salary, having taken a cut so that the department wouldn't have to downsize.

With a sigh he took the box from his Jeep Cherokee and hoisted it onto his shoulder, taking a look around before heading inside.
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 am

Jordan carefully carried in the bags from the store into his apartment building, he had to admit it was interesting living alone. Though technically Zander still lived and helped pay the rent, he often spent days at a time over at Carter's though the brothers still managed to see each other everyday.

He noticed a strange as he started over towards the elevator, looked like he was carrying a box. Jordan wondered curiously if the man was the one that had bought the apartment on the same floor as him, the talk had been going on for the last few days of the new neighbor. He shifted the bags carefully, hoping he wouldn't drop the eggs like last week and waited by the elevator.
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:22 am

Harris smiled at the man who stood outside of the elevator with him. He didn't often trust people, thanks to the bullet that had grazed the side of his head when he was working on capturing Black Mask, but he was trying to change all of that with this move. He nodded polietly, taking in the mannerisms about the man before smiling, "Howdy there, I'm Harris Freeman. I just moved into apartment 229."
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:54 am

Jordan carefully readjusted the bags he was carrying as he gave a smile, he looked at the man curiously. Well he wasn't scary looking like some of the others had tried to make him sound. "Hello, I'm Jordan Lennox, I live across the hall in apartment 226 with my brother." He smiled as the door to the elevator finally opened and he could enter.
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:43 am

Harris grinned softly, "Well nice to meet you Jordan. I guess you and I are going to be hall mates. You could always help me around here." He adjusted his box on his shoulders, "Do the apartments come furnished or what?"
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:36 am

"Well its nice to have a hall mate, your one of the few people that are on our floor. I'll be glad to help if I can and yes the apartments come with some furniture." Adam answered with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:09 am

"Well I don't have much, my wife took most of it in the divorce," Harris chuckled as looked over at the young man. "What I do know is that the sooner that I get moved in, the sooner I can get back to work."
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 am

"Wow that really sucks..." Jordan said as he shifted his bags again, "Well when Zander and I moved it there was a couch, fridge, stove, a older but still works tv and our bedroom had two twin beds, but that might be something they changed when they found two brother's were staying. Old Ms. Josie at the end of the hall said hers had a queen bed. The bathroom was fixed too and the is a small office room."
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:12 am

"So pretty much the basic ammenities," Harris chuckled to himself as he stepped onto the elevator. With the free hand he had, because the box was perched on his shoulder and he was only holding it with one hand, Harris pushed the button to ride up to their floor. "As long as I can get my television in by the end of the week, I'll be fine. I may not have much down time but I do enjoy watching my sports."
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Jordan carefully nudged a box of rice that had started to fall out of one of the bags back in. "Yeah pretty much, it's nice to not have to worry about too much. And if your tv isn't too big you should be able to get it in the main elevator." He said with a friendly smile to his neighbor.
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:06 am

"Ah, I should be able to get all of my things in here," chuckled Harris, "Didn't come down here with much. Most of my money I make from my job goes to hospital expenses. In my line of work, you sometimes get more hurt than you expect."
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 am

"What is your line of work?" Jordan asked curiously, the man was probably a cop or construction worker. Those were the more likely jobs that would get someone hurt so he figured that he would answer with one of those two.
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:23 am

"Well...um...I'm the police commishoner for the Gotham City Police Department," Harris replied, hoping that didn't lose the young man's interest. Sometimes in the city when someone heard you were a cop, they would lose all interest in interacting with you.
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:45 am

Jordan smiled, it didn't matter to him if his new neighbor was a cop. "I knew it, I had you figured out as either a construction worker or a cop. Especially when you were talking about getting hurt at work, normally those are the two worst jobs for that."
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:16 am

"Really?" Harris chuckled at the enthusiastic response he recieved. He didn't know of anyone who he had ever told responding in such a way. He must have had very little to do with bad experience with the cops to react in such a positive life. QWhy did you think construction? I mean, a lot of people assume a lot of things about my line of work but I can't honestly say that anyone has ever thought me to work construction."

The elevator dinged open and Harris let Jordan go first before following him out. "So tell me, what do you do for a living? It's only fair."
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:28 am

"Well like I said those are two of easiest jobs to get hurt doing and you seem like a hard working person." Jordan smiled as he stepped out of the elevator, happy he was still managing to keep all the stuff he was carrying. "Well I work as a waiter and sometimes help with my brother's plant shop."
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:09 pm

"Plant shop, huh? Maybe I should come to you too fer help on decorating the place," Harris chuckled as they walked down the hall.
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:43 am

Jordan chuckled, "Zander would be more help to you for that then me, he has far better tastes then I do." He smiled as he started to reach for his keys, it would be nice to finally to put the heavy bags down for a moment. "I'm pretty good at cooking though, so if you ever get hungry I can help you out there."
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:26 pm

"I'll keep that in mind," smiled Harris taking the bags from Jordan so that he could open the door. "I'm not much of a cook so that would be nice."
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:38 am

"Thanks." Adam said when Harris took his bags from him, he fished out his key and unlocked the door before putting the key back in his pocket. He reached for the bags again as he held the door open with his foot. "I learned pretty early how to cook for my brother, our uncle and myself."
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Harris smiled and handed him back his groceries, "My maw was always the one who cooked for us. Even when I got married, she did most of the cookin'."
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:35 am

Jordan nodded, "Well my uncle was always working and with the moving all the time I had to learn, I'm pretty good though." He started to step inside and stopped just inside doorway. "Well this is what your apartment will look like."
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Harris smiled, "I know what it's like to have a male family member who works all the time so that he can work."

He didn't want to enter the room without asking permission but he smiled and looked around. "Can I come in?"
Back to top Go down
JayJay

JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 4:21 am

"Yeah of course, come on in. Its not cleanest right now, we've been sorting through some old stuff and there's a bit of a mess from it. But this is home sweet home, this is the living room and this is the kitchen." Jordan said as he went into the kitchen, putting the bags down on the small table before turning to face his guest.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 am

Harris entered the room with a smile and looked around, "It's quite a nice place. I'm glad this is what mines gonna look like."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)   Everything Changes (Harris/Adam) Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything Changes (Harris/Adam)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next