Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A welcome distraction? (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shea

PostSubject: A welcome distraction? (open)   Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 am

Anger and denial.
Sadness and…disbelief?
Great. The couple in the apartment next door are arguing again. Going by the emotions, his girlfriend finally found out he’s been cheating on her.
Maybe that means there won’t be so much shame when his other girl comes over next.
…or maybe there will.

Regardless of what happened, Celeste was sure she’d end up with another headache over it. Being an empath wasn’t very fun when you had a dysfunctional couple next door and someone living with depression across the hall.

Letting out a sigh, the redhead pulled on a coat, heading for her front door before pausing, turning back to collect a container holding some of the cookies she’d made earlier that morning.

Heading out of her apartment, Celeste knocked on the door opposite hers, leaving the cookies there before heading downstairs. She often left small gifts there, knowing it helped her neighbour feel better, if only for a short time. She’d talk to the person, but she was shy and she wasn’t sure if she could take being in the same room with such strong emotions for too long.

When I figure out how to control the other side of my powers more I’ll be able to help her better… Celeste thought to herself as she left the building and headed down the street. She couldn’t stand being in the building while the couple next door argued, the headaches were horrid.
Relieved to be outside, she breathed in the fresh air, looking around for something to distract her…anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keegan Thayer

PostSubject: Re: A welcome distraction? (open)   Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 am

"Oh bloody hell," Keegan muttered as he stood in the small park where most of the town thought was a good idea to meet and spend time together. This often made his job extremely hard. Once upon a time he had been a simple voodoo king in old time New Orleans. These days he was making a living owning a bar and acting as the angel of death. It was why he wore his gloves. His touch seemed to exterminate the life of anyone he touched.

His newest collectee was spending time with her boyfriend in the park on one of the rare days where she didn't have chemotherapy. It seemed low to take a life that was showing so much happiness but the man above gave him the list and he followed it. As he walked, he saw a small redhead bundled up for the weather. She seemed to be cold and, well, he didn't feel the cold at all. He unwrapped his scarf and brought it over to her, smiling. "Here you go love...you seem to need it more than I do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shea

PostSubject: Re: A welcome distraction? (open)   Thu May 29, 2014 7:39 am

As Celeste walked, she found herself at a nearby park and wasn't expecting to be handed a scarf by some strange man. She involuntarily let out a surprised sound, more like a squeak than anything else. "Wh-what? Um thank you, I guess... But- who are you exactly? Do I know you mister?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A welcome distraction? (open)   Thu May 29, 2014 12:40 pm

"My name isn't important love," Keegan brushed her off. If the girl was smart, she wouldn't follow him. She would see him dressed as he was and just assume that he was a man trying to flirt and accept the scarf and deny having anything else to do with him.

Thanks to the power of voodoo, however, his talisman was telling him that she was anything but normal.

Against his better judgment, he whispered, "My name is Keegan Thayer and as far as I know, we have not met."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A welcome distraction? (open)   

Back to top Go down

A welcome distraction? (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1