Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Teamwork (nolee)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 am

Carter smiled and rubbed the back of his head. He didn't think that Zander meant what he did, after all, the most interaction Carter had with other people was usually at work or as a part of The Justice League. With a smile he said, "You're brother's probably bored outta his mind."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:37 am

Zander nodded shyly, "Yeah he probably is unless he volunteered to help with more chores or something like that. Jordan has always been a very hard worker." He said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 pm

"Are you? I mean, I can tell you take your heroics with pride but do you like doing chores and stuff like that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:25 am

Zander chuckled, "No one really likes chores, but we do like helping out in anyway we can... I suppose it comes from the time we spent with our uncle before he was killed, we worked hard so he could have a quiet evening with us when he came home from his latest job."

Jordan walked around the outside of the farm house, trying to not be bored while his brother spent time with Carter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:36 am

"Some people like chores," Carter frowned. Chores were one of the things that kept him sane after the death of Clark, knowing that he was doing what he and Clark would have done together. "But I can see why you wouldn't like doing chores..."

Harris Freeman smiled as he pulled up to the Kent place. He usually tried to visit Martha, who he had grown up with when he was younger, on Sundays and today was indeed Sunday. He noticed the stranger outside and parked, "I'm...I'm sorry. Can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:49 am

"I didn't mean to offend... I think some chores are okay... I don't hate them..." Zander said softly at Carter's frown, not wanting the other young man to be upset.

Jordan looked up as the car drove up, his body taking an almost defensive stance at the stranger. Part of Jordan's brain knew the man probably had nothing to do with Shaw, but the fear and anger towards his father forced him to always be mistrusting of strangers. "Hello..." He said carefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:09 am

Carter smiled, "It's okay. Different people have different ways of looking at things. When I talk about chores, I think I like them so much because...because my dad Carter and I use to work on them together."

Harris looked at the man, not liking the fact that he was ready to fight. He was a cop and most people who wanted to fight didn't have a good opinion of him nor did he have a good opinion of them. "My names Harris Freeman, I'm a friend of Martha's. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:26 am

Zander slowly relaxed and gave a small smile, "Lots of happy memories then? I have good memories of helping Jordan when I was younger."

"I..." Jordan paused, he studied the man with a slight look of fear. Should he tell the man his name? He took a deep breath before answering finally. "Jordan Lennox... I'm here with my brother, we're here with Carter..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 am

"He was the first person who was ever kind to me. I...I didn't have such a good childhood remember?" Carter chuckled, trying to make light of it. "I learned a lot of the discipline that I have now from doing chores with him."

Harris nodded, "Ah, any friend of Carter's is a friend of mine. I'm friends with Martha myself. Do you know if she's inside or not?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:44 am

Zander nodded with a small smile. "Well uncle Matt always said hard work is what shapes a good man into what he is."

Jordan nodded slowly, "She is relaxing in the living room I believe, I just finished helping her clean up." He's eyes stayed on the other man, he had never felt as curious as he did about this Harris. He was still nervous and stayed standing where he was, he felt like any second something could happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 am

"Sounds about like Clark," chuckled Carter, "You're brother's probably waiting for you. And my Uncle Harris should be here."

Harris smiled and nodded, extending a hand to shake his hand, "Well it's nice to meet you. Would you like to go on in?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:13 am

"Jordan is probably wondering why we're gone for so long... Your uncle Harris?" Zander asked with a curious tilt of his head, so Carter had an uncle as well.

Jordan slowly reached out and put his hand in the other man's to shake it, he attempted a small smile but he wasn't sure he pulled it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Carter nodded with a smile, "Well, he's not an uncle by blood but he's always been around and Uncle is a term of respect. He's the police commishoner in Gotham City, he and Martha grew up together and are like brother and sister. He's a good guy, helps out around the house when I'm not here too sometimes."

Harris chuckled, "Your not a people person, eh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 am

Zander nodded with a smile, "Ahh I see, it is sort of how in a way me and Jordan consider Doctor family?"

Jordan almost flushed as he nodded, "I... No I'm not... I've never really been one thinks to da..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:38 pm

"Yes, sort of like that," Carter regarded the situation. "Harris taught me how to hunt and a few other things he thought Clark neglected to teach me as a young man growing up in a small town."

Harris nodded, "I understand that sir. My own life hasn't been so great and sometimes I'm just too damn willing to trust people."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Zander nodded as he listened, "You've got so many people that care for you, you are lucky." He smiled.

Jordan ran a hand through his hair. "Trust... That is what my little brother has... Almost all trust I had was destroyed by Shaw..." He said softly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:24 am

Carter smiled, "Well you have a lot of people that care about you too. I care about you, if that helps you feel better too."

Harris' jaw tightened, "Shaw. The Gotham PD's been hunting down that bastard for ages. Never manage to get close and Bats won't touch him because he's never done him any harm."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:07 am

Zander looked at him shyly. "I.. I'm glad to hear you care too..." He said with a small smile, "I care for you too."

Jordan half growled at that, "Yeah never hardly does any 'harm', he just orders people to do the bad stuff..." He had a haunted look in his eyes, though he tried to hide it. He wondered if the man knew of Shaw having sons and if he'd think he was as evil as his father. He felt the winds pick up as he seethed for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 am

Carter smiled at him with a kind look in his eyes, "You know...if you're not doing anything other than saving the world soon...there's this little town fair that always happens in Metropolis around homecoming season..."

Harris shook his head, not catching the look in the young man's eyes. "Well, I'd like to put him behind bars for it none-the-less." With the chill in the air, Harris pulled the coat he was wearing around him tighter, "Bit windy out today..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:24 am

Zander smiled shyly, "That would be nice, I'm normally free. I'd like to go." He said softly, "When is it and I'll make sure minus any heroing that needs done that I keep the day free."

Jordan rubbed the back of his neck as he realized he was making the weather worse, he took a deep breath and slowly calmed the winds. "Just a bit..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Carter smiled, "Well it should be this weekend. I dunno if you had plans but Martha usually sets up a booth. You could get a headstart on the plants you sell there. I'm sure there are several Smallville housewives that would love your plants."

Harris smiled, "So you're a weather manipulator huh? I never put much stock in heroes myself, learned at a young age sometimes we're the only heroes we need. But what you do, I respect it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:48 am

Zander smiled, "I'd love that and I'm free this weekend, are you sure Martha wouldn't mind me selling my plants in the same booth? I wouldn't want to intruded or anything." He asked softly.

Jordan looked him in the eyes, close to panicking . "H-How did you know about my powers?" He asked, "Or that I'm a hero?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:31 am

"Oh I'm sure Martha wouldn't mind as long as you help set up and help take down," nodded Carter with a smile. "She just needs help sometimes."

Harris shrugged, "Fairly simple. When you got upset, the wind picked up. I'm a detective for a reason."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:31 am

"I'll be more then glad to help her set it up and take it down." Zander said with a small smile of his own. "I have a lot of new seeds I can try out for this."

"Oh... Right..." Adam rubbed the back of his neck, "My powers can be tied to my emotions sometimes... It's always been like that since I got my powers..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:13 am

Carter smiled, noting the happy look in Zander's eyes as he spoke about this, "Well I'm sure she'll be happy with any help she can get. When you're not running the booth, or when Martha makes you take a break, you can come run around with me."

Harris nodded, looking over the young man. He had a feeling that they had met before, "Well you should probably get a handle on that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   

Back to top Go down

Teamwork (nolee)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
No Heroes or Villains In This Story :: The City Is A Dangerous Place :: Parks and Lakes-
Jump to: