Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Teamwork (nolee)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:51 pm

"I'd like that." Zander smiled, feeling so excited about it.

"I've got as good of handle as I can probably handle at this point in my life..." Jordan replied softly before murmuring, "Once Shaw is out of our lives for good..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 am

Carter grinned, "So it's a date?"

"Well I'll do whatever I can to take him down," Harris agreed to help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 am

Zander smiled shyly and nodded, "Yeah.. I'm really looking forward to it." He said softly.

"Thank you... But I don't know what the police can do... They couldn't do anything when he killed my mother..." Jordan held back his bitterness, it wasn't his fault.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Carter grinned, "Good. Say, let's meet back up with the others. They may be getting worried about us."

Harris frowned, "I'm sorry, I honestly am. Sometimes we as cops can only do what the law allows us to do and sometimes that isn't much."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Zander smiled and nodded, "Yeah, Jordan is probably already feeling a little worried knowing how he gets."

"I know... But the law won't ever do anything to touch guy a like Shaw though and the cops can only stand by..." Bitterness filled his eyes. "Meanwhile no one remembers a mother of two murdered... And Shaw gets to continue hurting people..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 am

Carter smiled and took his hand, "Yeh don't mind do yeh? I mean, it's gettin' pretty dark out here and sometimes the stairs can be a hassle in the dark...course I don't usually use 'em cuz I can fly but you can't so..."

Harris nodded and looked at him, "I'm sorry. Sometimes criminals are the ones who get remembered. No one can really name any heroes from the Revolutionary War but everyone remembers Benedict Arnold simply because he was a traitor. The law does all it can but sometimes...well...sometimes we need heroes to help with that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:29 am

"Ohh I see, well hopefully I should be fine I think." Zander answered shyly, smiling softly when he looked at Carter holding his hand. He felt his heart flutter a little at the feeling of Carter holding his hand.

Jordan sighed sadly and looked down, "I know... That's probably why so many of us become heroes... To do what the official force can't... I just wish their was enough of us...." He ran a hand slowly through his hair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:32 am

Carter felt like a teenager again. No, for the first time in a while, Carter could say that he felt like a child again as he held Jay's hand. After all, he had technically been a child when he found the Kent family farm even though he appeared to be sixteen. With his hand on Zander's, he could smile and recall happy moments. Was this love? Was this what made life so divine? He honestly didn't know. "Are you okay to walk?" he asked Zander softly.

Harris took a deep breath, "You know...for all the good you heroes do sometimes it can be a pain trying to clean up after your messes. Who do you think suffers when an entire city block is taken out? That'd be us. I don't think you guys do a bad job but maybe instead of getting more of you, those that already exist could focus on not making such a big mess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:19 am

Zander nodded with a shy smile, he felt a whole herd of butterflies in his stomach. He had figured out early that he was into other guys, but he had never really thought he'd feel this way about the sweet young man that was holding his hand. "Yeah I'm okay to walk."

"Sorry... But we sort of have more to focus on half the time then if we're going to dent a wall... Like worrying about if the villain is going to kill someone, kidnap someone or steal something important... And most of the time we're trying to make sure our partner or ourselves aren't killed..." Jordan answered bluntly, "We can't control how a fight is going to go or what the villain is going to do, all we can do half the time is make sure we save lives."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Carter made no effort to stop holding Zander's hand as the two of them made it out of the barn and outside. He saw Harris and ran over, smiling wide, "Hey old man!"

Harris had been ready to respond to Adam's comment but decided against it when Carter made his way outside, "Hey yourself youngin'! Met yer friends out here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 am

Jordan's posture changed from a shy, nervous one to a protective and watchful one. He watched his brother carefully, making sure Zander looked like he was doing okay. He made note of the fact Zander was holding Carter's hand and would ask his little brother about it later.

Zander stopped shy when he saw the stranger that greeted Carter, they seemed close and seemed to be friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Harris smiled, "I'm glad you boys are friends with Carter. He's a good man, a good hero."

Carter nodded, "Zander and Jordan helped me with this monster that was downtown this afternoon in the park."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:11 am

Zander smiled shyly before looking at his brother, "Well the monster came from the rift and we wanted to help Doc Strange with it, he had a meeting with one of his students today." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:35 pm

"Doctor Strange," nodded Harris, "I've heard of him. He's helped a couple buddies of mine fix things in the department."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:36 am

"He's our guardian, we live with him. He helped us decide we wanted to be heroes a couple of years back." Zander said with a small smile.

Jordan shifted slowly, part of him wanting to be able and part his guard down for once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:40 am

"Ah," nodded Harris with a kind smile in Zander's direction. He wanted to prove to Jordan that no one there was going to judge anyone. "Being a hero is an admirable decision. I like what yeh guys do, I really do. I just wish there wasn't as much destruction that came with it is all."

Carter smiled, "Why don't we get inside? Martha's bound to have finished dessert by now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 am

Jordan ran a hand through his hair, not sure how to react. The man was being kind to his brother, which helped him let down his guard even if it was only a tiny but. But then the man was a stranger and strangers couldn't be trusted, he bit his lip softly.

Zander nodded shyly, "That sounds like a good idea Carter."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Harris smiled at the other man with a nod.

Carter nodded, "She usually has snack done by this time. If she made cookies ya'll are in fer a treat."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:11 am

Jordan gave a small smile, "Well.. I can't wait to try them if there as good as you say. Our uncle Matt used to try and make cookies when we were little, but they never seemed to turn out good."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:22 am

"Really? Most people can make cookies, they're pretty simple," teased Harris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:24 am

"Uncle Matt wasn't much of a cook, but Jordan learned to be a great cook." Zander said with a proud smile for his brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carter Kent

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:04 am

Harris chuckled, "Sounds about like me. I never really learned, it's why I rely on Martha so much."

"I can cook some things," Carter nodded, "a lot of the time, if it's not to involved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:36 am

Zander smiled, "That's about my skill level as well, but I'm lucky Jordan is really good at cooking or else I'm not sure what we would eat."

Jordan chuckled, "I don't wanna think about it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:12 am

Harris smiled and held open the door for the boys as they entered the home. Inside, Martha stood on the phone. When Carter entered her eyes look sad and she shook her head, "Trust me, Mr. Luthor, I'm sure Carter doesn't want to speak with you."

Carter's eyes narrowed. For the past week and a half, Lex Luthor had attempted to get a sit down chat with the young man. He didn't understand why. What was so special about him that the man who was partially responsible for the murder of his father wanted to see him? When Martha hung up the phone, Carter put a hand on her shoulder, "It's okay, honest. If you want me to, I'll change the number on the phone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Zander looked confused, why did this Mr. Luthor want to bother Carter for. He tilted his head slightly, the name Luthor sounded a little familiar. Like he was famous or something like that, but Zander wasn't sure where he knew it from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teamwork (nolee)   

Back to top Go down

Teamwork (nolee)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
No Heroes or Villains In This Story :: The City Is A Dangerous Place :: Parks and Lakes-
Jump to: