No Heroes or Villains In This Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Just Want A Normal Life (open)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

I Just Want A Normal Life (open) Empty
PostSubject: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:52 pm

To: Rebecca Coulson

Meet me out front after class. We have work to do.

With that text, Rebecca Coulson's day was ruined. Most days, there was nothing she wanted to do more than be a normal college student. She wanted to be able to hang out with friends, to actually go on a date. Instead she was use to having to report straight to work.

Working for S.H.I.E.L.D wasn't as easy as she thought it was going to be.

Putting her phone back in her pocket, Rebecca finished the last of class before she left. Whatever being a normal adult was like, it would have to wait until S.H.I.E.L.D business was over.
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:35 am

It was hard to say which was worse for someone with powers, being arrested by normal authorities, or being arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D. Surprisingly, this was the first time Gambit had been picked up by Fury's men, at least that was who ran the place last time he'd bothered checking, he wasn't sure now.
So he'd stolen a few things, it wasn't a big deal to him, just another client having paid him to steal something for them, they'd paid him a lot too. Apparently though, they really didn't like it when someone tried stealing Stark technology.

So for the first time in years, Gambit had been caught and was sitting in a cell.

He was tempted to just break out and leave, but knowing S.H.I.E.L.D's style, the cell was better protected than it appeared to be. Besides, there was an agent outside the cell keeping an eye on him and probably even more that he couldn't see. So, he just stayed sitting, silently observing the room outside his cell, waiting for the moment where someone would come to question him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Rebecca made her way into headquarters, wearing her jumpsuit and ready to do whatever she had to do. Seeing her father sitting in the opposite side of the glass for an interrogation. "Are we playing good cop, bad cop with this one?" Rebecca asked her father, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes but you have to be careful. Remy LeBeau is a charmer. More than one of our female operatives today have been charmed by the man. He was stealing some of Tony's technology," replied Phil as he stood, straightening out his tie.

"I'm going to be careful dad. Besides, no one's able to charm me," Rebecca smiled before the two of them entered the room. "Well, Mr. LeBeau, it looks like you've gotten yourself into a tight situation. Tsk tsk, stealing from Tony Stark."
Back to top Go down
https://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:39 am

As soon as he heard a new voice, Remy turned his head to look, watching curiously as she spoke to the man outside his cell. He wondered if they were related, guessing they were despite not being able to hear every word they were saying. They didn't look alike though, so he figured -like himself- the girl was adopted. The one thing he did hear before they entered the room was the girl claiming that no one could charm her. Remy highly doubted that. There were very few people his charm didn't work on.

When she actually spoke to him, Remy couldn't help but laugh.

"Clearly you underestimate me mademoiselle. Nothin' tight about dis situation. I haven't found one yet I could not get out of." He said with a smirk. "Also, seein' as Shield took de stuff when dey caught me at his place, I didn't steal it now, just passed it to 'em while we were uh...visitin'." He added, though trespassing was probably a better term for what Gambit had been doing.

"So really, dere's no need for you to be holdin' me here. But then again, I heard you Shield people are big on de scolding when someone like me does sometin' wrong. What's up with dat anyway; you all got a thing for discipline?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:23 pm

A smile came to Rebecca's face. No doubt LeBeau was trying to charm her. Natasha Romanoff had taught her how to handle men like this. She would play the charmed young lady but she would keep her cool in this situation. Though Remy was handsome, he was no more handsome than any man she had met. If she was going to fall for him, it would be his accent that did it.

"Well I know that if I were you, I would be worried. Stealing from Tony Stark is a serious offense. He doesn't like it when other people take his things," smirked Rebecca, relaxing in her chair. "Now me, I know that I would be worried if I got caught trying to take some of the prototypes that you were caught trying to steal."

"And I'm sorry but there is a need for me to hold you here. See, my bosses would get pretty aggrivated if I didn't do my job and keep thieves from taking highly expensive and highly dangerous prototypes. If it was up to me, I would have just said not to do it anymore and let ya go," Rebecca lied. She hated thievery, hated when anyone thought they were entitled to anything. "So why don't you tell me why you wanted those prototypes in the first place?"
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:05 am

"He don't like it when people even touch his things, let alone look at some, he'd prob'ly try have someone arrested just for sittin' in the wrong chair in there so like dat counts." The Cajun shrugged. People who weren't familiar with his usual behaviour would probably assume he thought the situation was a joke, but he wasn't any different from his usual self. It just took a lot to bother him.

"Dat thing was dangerous? Coulda fooled me, it don't look dangerous. But then, I don't even know what exactly it was." He admitted. Sure he was a thief, but he wasn't afraid to admit it. "As for why, it wasn't me that wanted it. People pay me, I do de job for 'em. Simple as that."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:07 am

Seeing that the man thought his situation as a joke, Rebecca decided to play along. "Yeah, he is a bit stingy isn't he? I remember one time I was at his place with my dad, Phil, and they were talking business. I was young so my dad sent me into another room, Tony having told him which one. He let me hear enough of the conversation to be enticed but not enough of the situation to know what was going on. I was so mad."

She chuckled and sat back, popping a piece of gum in her mouth. "My boss said it was dangerous. I'm not a technology wiz myself. So, who hired you to do this job? Something big like Stark technology, had to be some pretty influential people who could pay you pretty well."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:27 am

Remy raised an eyebrow as the agent told her story, pulling a deck of cards out of a pocket inside his coat. "Monsieur Stark would be a perfect agent if he weren't so selfish. He don' like sharin' and you all live off de information you share with each other..."

He started shuffling his cards absent-mindedly, making sure he kept both the agents in sight. He didn't trust either of them, or any other agent really despite never having really encountered them much himself before. Hearing about some of the X-Men's encounters with them though was enough to make him wary.

At her question about who hired him, Remy shook his head. "Sorry mademoiselle. Rule number one of de Thieves Guild. Never reveal the identity of your client." It wasn't actually the first, there was no real order to any of the 'rules', but it was a good enough reason for him. "De pay was definitely good though." He added with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:29 am

"Tony shares with us what we need to have shared," shrugged Rebecca as she popped her gum as if they were just two friends sitting and having a conversation. At the removal of his cards, her hand was on her gun at her side but when she saw he was just shuffling, she relaxed a little bit. If need be her father would be in there to save here.

"That's admirable but honestly, you should tell me. If you weren't in control of your own actions, if say there was a telepath making you do things that you didn't want to do, S.H.I.E.L.D would take that into consideration."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:48 am

"Really? Ev'rything? From what I've heard, S.H.I.E.L.D's number one rule may as well be 'hide all de important stuff'. Wolverine has a pretty big grudge against Fury for dat." Remy smirked. "Why are you so jumpy by de way? I ain't stupid enough to attack one of you agents in here."

As she talked about being under a telepath's control, Remy couldn't help but laugh. "As good as dat sounds, Remy's yet to meet a telepath who can get into his mind. Even those in de X-Men have a hard time gettin' anything outta me."

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:53 am

That comment about hiding the important stuff brought Rebecca back to her childhood. Her father and Nick Fury had lied not only to the Avengers but to her, initially, about the death of Phil Coulson. It wasn't until years later that the Avengers found out he was still alive, several hours after the fact being when she found out. Yes, hiding things was a very important part of the S.H.I.E.L.D creed. Though she knew it showed on her face, Rebecca put a smile on her face, "Well, I'm not a very high ranking member of S.H.I.E.L.D yet. I'm technically still doing grunt work."

With a smile she sat forward in her chair, hoping to charm him out of some information, "Really? Xavier and Grey have a hard time reading you? Wow, you must be a really private man then."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:16 am

"Do you even get any benefits doing it? Even de lowest ranking thieves get a good share of things." Remy replied. "Come to think of it, most S.H.I.E.L.D people would probably do good in the Guild, dey lie, cheat and steal all de time. Some more den others."

As she leaned forwards, Remy shifted too, letting his hair fall in his face. He stopped shuffling his cards, but didn't bother putting them away; the cards made him feel safe- as a child would carry around something like a teddy bear. He could get them out fairly quickly when needed, but having them ready in his hands made him feel that much more relaxed.

"It has nothin' to do with being private, Remy thinks it somethin' to do with his mutation." The Cajun said quietly, the card shuffling and speaking in third person being habits he had when he was uncomfortable. "Could you maybe turn down the light a bit chérie? They're a bit bright..."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:58 pm

"Do I get any benefits?" asked Rebecca with a shrug, "Not really. I mean, the pay is good and the health benefits are good too. The reason that I do this is because it's in my blood...well...kinda in my blood. My adoptive father, Phil Coulson, he's the current S.H.I.E.L.D director. He knew I would be good at this so he recruited me."

The fact that he had asked to turn down the lights slightly worried Rebecca. She didn't know what his power was. She didn't know exactly what he could do. But she obliged, lowering the lights a bit and smiling back at him, "Is that better? I wouldn't want to inconvience you."

Rebecca shook her head, "It has nothing to do with you being a mutant. I'm sure none of the other agents hate mutants and I certainly don't hate mutants."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:14 am

"Ah, so you're one of dem people who do de job 'cause dey actually likes it?" Remy asked, somewhat curious.

When she turned down the lights, he visibly relaxed and slowly lifted his head to look at her again before nodding. "Oui, much better. Merci." He said. "Bright lights aren't very friendly to Remy's eyes. Dey hurt..."

Should he have told her that? He wondered afterwards, not sure if it was even safe to; for all he knew she could use it against him now. It was too late though, he'd just have to hope she didn't. He frowned, realising she'd misunderstood his comment about being a mutant and decided to explain.

"Didn't mean you have somet'ing against Remy. You asked if I was private 'cause telepaths don't get anything. I think de professor said it was like...static?" The Cajun told her. "Think it because of how Remy's power works."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:47 pm

"I do enjoy my job," Rebecca smiled, "I mean, I get to travel all over the world and I get to see things that ordinary people don't. I just...sometimes I feel that I should be able to live the life of a normal person. I don't get to do very much of that."

She wasn't sure if she should use the information she had just gained against him but decided not to. After all, they were sitting here talking like smart individuals. "Well, Remy, I'm sorry the lights hurt your eyes. Do you know why that is?"

She tapped her pencil against the desk, trying to figure out how she was going to do this. "Static? Like you're brain functions at too high a capacity for their monitors to understand? Interesting. You know, Mr. LeBeau, I really do need the information about why you broke into Stark's place."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:11 am

"Travellin' ain't always a good thing y'know cherie." Remy said quietly. "Well Remy's eyes be different to yours, so dat's probably why." He added as he brushed his hair off his face so his red on black eyes were properly visible.

He watched as she tapped her pencil, tempted to demonstrate his power with it, but he didn't want to risk getting in more trouble.

"My power works through potential energy an' kinetic energy, some part of if makes de static I think." Remy shrugged. He didn't quite understand it himself, he was just going off what he'd been told by telepaths who'd tried to access his mind. "Sorry cherie can't tell you dat. Not anymore den I already have."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 8:05 pm

"Travelling's wonderful when I get to do it," Rebecca responded, "I've been all over the world, seen some wonderful things."

She looked at his eyes, captivated. They were certainly different than her own and she couldn't help but stare. She hoped that he wouldn't think of her as rude. She had just never seen eyes as different as his were.

"That's fascinating. Maybe someday you could show me your power in work," smiled Rebecca at the other man. She sighed, making a huge deal of it. "Well...I really wish you could tell me. Cuz...if ya can't...then we have to stop talking and I really like you're accent."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 am

"You get to travel to quite a few places too when you an X-Man." Remy responded, shrugging his shoulders. Having been to so many places with the teams, he hardly saw travelling as anything special anymore. That and he wandered more than he actually stayed at home, mostly because he wasn't allowed there.

As she looked at his eyes, Remy couldn't help but smirk. It wouldn't be the first time he'd gotten such a reaction. He was just glad he hadn't gotten the other usual one; fear. That one he found rude. He didn't like people assuming he was 'evil' just because of his eyes.
At the mention of seeing his power, he went back to being his charming self, mostly just curious to see how the agent would respond.

"I'm sorry cherie, I really wish I could show you how my power works, I can't in a room as small as this; it just ain't safe." He said, purposely using the words she had. Hearing that she supposedly liked his accent though, the Cajun quickly changed his tune. "See, de problem with dat is if I did tell ya, I'd get in trouble wit' someone other den you...and Remy would rather take his chances with de agents here..."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:54 am

"Well I couldn't be an X-Man seeing as I'm not a mutant. For now, being a S.H.I.E.L.D agent is fine by me." Rebecca smiled. She loved making her way around the world, be it on missions with her father or by herself on her own missions. Every time she went somewhere new, she found that it had something wonderful to offer. Even old places always had something new to offer.

Those eyes were mysterious and, if Rebecca didn't know herself better, she could find herself getting lost in them. Remy was just another man who was being interrogated by S.H.I.E.L.D. He didn't care for her and she was not going to care for him once she got the information she needed. That was proving to be the trickier task at hand.

She sat back and thought about it, "Well," she started. "If I could get a promise, a decent promise, that you weren't going to run away, I could take you to the training room. We let a lot of the super powered operatives run in there so that they have a way to hone their skills. I could give you an hour or so in there for information that I need. How's that sound?"
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 8:52 am

"True, true." Remy nodded, leaning back in his chair shuffling his cards again. "Don't ya get bored of doin' stuff like dis though?" He asked afterwards, the question a sign of genuine curiosity.
He guessed that if he had to spend a lot of time doing what she was doing, asking someone a whole bunch of questions in a small little room, he'd get bored very quickly. He wasn't too pleased about being in the room as it was, not one for staying in one place for too long.

His mind wandered for a moment, thinking back on the events that had led him to where he was now, trying to work out if there had been a way to avoid getting caught. He often thought over jobs he'd done, always looking for ways to become that much better at being a thief.
This time though, the only solution that really came to mind -without leading to him owing Stark a whole lot of money for damages caused- was to not have taken the job in the first place.

Letting out a sigh, Remy shifted his attention back to the agent, raising an eyebrow at the deal she was trying to make with him. "I don' think I be needin' an hour in dere to clearly demonstrate my powers, but who knows..." He said, sitting properly again so that all four chair legs were touching the floor again.

He stayed quiet for a moment, hesitating before putting his cards away, making sure to move slowly; hoping to avoid her reacting like she'd almost done when he'd first gotten the cards out. "Remy could give you somet'ing that'd make sure he don' run away...seein' as it one of de few things Remy won't leave behind...assuming it'll get returned afterwards of course."

Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 8:09 pm

"Well not all of my work is like this. Sure, I do a lot of interrogation work for my dad but I also do a lot of work for the field. I go out and find new members to be agents or even the heroes that work along side us. It was because of me that Luke Cage started working with S.H.I.E.L.D," Rebecca smiled, though deep down she knew the real answer. She wasn't happy to be alone working. She wanted to be a normal young adult and be working a normal life. She wanted to go to college or something.

Anything as long as she wasn't an agent anymore.

"Not an hour in there huh? Well, what could I do for you that would guarantee me at least getting a little bit of information out of you?" Rebecca asked, calmly. However, when he mentioned giving her something that would ensure he wouldn't run away, Rebecca nodded, "Sounds good to me."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:39 am

"I see..." Remy said slowly nodding. "Luke Cage huh? He sounds like he'd be a hard one ta get, how'd you manage that?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. He'd only met Cage briefly before, but that was enough to know it can't have been very easy.

"Oh we can go in dere if you really wanna see, but it probably won't take dat long...unless you wanted it to." Remy said, adding the last part quietly with a smirk, just to see how she'd react. "Seriously though, it still wouldn't really help me either way. I could get in a lotta trouble if dey find out I told someone..."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:50 am

"Luke didn't take that much. Yes, he was powerful but he was willing to help us do whatever he had to. He joined the group with Spiderman, Iron Fist, White Tiger, and Nova," Rebecca smiled as she recalled her very first group of agents with happiness. They were the closest friends she had ever had, be they high schoolers or not.

"We could go in there and I would like to see what you could do," Rebecca smiled again. It took her a moment to pick up on what he was implying and a deep crimson blush came to her cheeks. "If you don't tell me though, you may have to be moved to an actual holding cell."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:43 am

"Ah...well maybe he just didn't like Remy den when we met." The Cajun muttered, frowning slightly. It wouldn't be the first time he'd gotten on someone's bad side and definitely not the last. Being a thief and having a 'smart mouth' were two things that people just didn't like.

"Prob'ly depends how much damage that room can take. Remy's powers can be quite destructive." Remy said before chuckling at her red face, he quickly stopped though at the mention of the cell. "Actual cell? How would it be any diff'rent to dis one?"

Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:14 pm

"Well that could be a problem," nodded Rebecca, "Luke has often decided not to like people after having a brief but bad run in with them. We almost thought he wasn't going to like the rest of the team that we put him with but we were glad that he did."

She smiled and laughed, "We've had a lot of destructive powers in our midsts. We let Wolverine practice in here, we let Iron Man and Hulk practice in here too."

Getting up from her seat she paced the width of the room, trying to figure out how big it was. "The actual cells are about half of the size of this. Without a window to look out of."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

I Just Want A Normal Life (open)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next