No Heroes or Villains In This Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Just Want A Normal Life (open)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:51 am

"Wit' Cage you kinda have to run with whatever he thinks is good...or like Remy found out... you just gotta run." Remy said, chuckling a little, mostly to hide the fact that he wasn't joking that time.

"Uh-uh. Wolverine's power ain't destructive cherie. He's jus' destructive in general." He said with a shake of his head before an amused look crossed his face. "The Hulk? I hearda him, but thankfully never ran into him. Knowin' Remy's luck, that could turn out painful. My own power though...well you'd have ta hope that room's made to withstand explosions..."

He smirked, not looking all that bothered by her description of the actual cell. "Wit'out a window huh? Well gee, it would be such a shame if Remy was in a room where his eyes won't get hurt at all."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 3:50 pm

"That sounds about right with Luke," smiled Rebecca as she turned to look at him, crossing her arms over her chest. "And I'm guessing he didn't like you too much because he caught you mid crime?"

Rebecca froze when she heard the word explosion. There were things she liked and things she didn't. Then there was the thought of an explosion. She had a flashback of her childhood, the day that her entire life changed: the day that her father pretended to die to band together the Avengers.

She shook her head and muttered, "I can't do this...I can't..."

Phil entered the room, ushering his to sit. "You were talking to my daughter, LeBeau. Now you're talking to me."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:04 am

"Uh..." Remy started before pausing, not sure if it was a good idea to be admitting to other crimes in front of an agent. Not wanting to get in more trouble, he decided not to, frowning when her attitude suddenly changed and led to her switching with the man who'd been sitting watching him before she'd even shown up.

"Quoi? What did I do?" Remy asked, looking confused. "I was just responding to what she said..."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:16 am

Phil knew what his daughter's problem was. She was self concious ever since she had been a child about explosions. After all, one had changed her life in such a drastic way. "You don't worry about what she did in reaction. You need to worry about what you're going to do to let us know who you stole from."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 5:46 am

Remy rolled his eyes at the vague explanation, leaning back in his chair again before crossing his arms.

"Je suis désolé. Sorry mon ami, can't tell you." He said as if it was a casual conversation they were having. "I already told de lady I can't. Person who paid me to steal from Monsieur Stark would not appreciate that. Remy would get in a lot of trouble and he'd rather not..." He added, shaking his head.

He was suddenly glad he'd almost perfected hiding his emotions over the years. Last thing he wanted was for them to notice he was nervous, though it wouldn't surprise him if a S.H.I.E.L.D agent of all people picked it up.

Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 pm

"Nervous, Mr. LeBeau?" smirked Phil as he sat across from the younger man. "Let me tell you something right now. If you don't tell me, I'm not going to be as nice as my daughter was to you. See, she had youth and naitiviy on her side. I don't have any of that."

He leaned close, his eyes angry.

"Now I'll ask one more time before we lock you away for life. Who. Hired. You."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:05 am

Remy rolled his eyes as the older agent sat down, less willing to speak to him than he was the girl, despite never having been told her name. "I ain't nervous. Remy LeBeau don't get nervous." He said in his usual, smug way, not seeming that bothered by the man as he responded. "She also has dat thing called fear. Never a good t'ing when you doing a job like dis..."

He trailed off as the man leaned closer to him, leaning away from him as best he could without tipping his chair over.

"Life? Really? Seems a bit harsh considerin' I never actually finished de job don't ya think?" As Remy spoke, he slowly reached into a pocket, pulling out a single card, though he kept his hand low in hopes that the man hadn't noticed the movement at all. "Life in a cell though's prob'ly less concernin' den dealing wit' him and his pet if I-"

Realising what he'd just said, Remy bit his lip to shut himself up. He hadn't meant to mention anything like that and had accidentally let it slip while trying not to panic. Neither option was really that appealing, but the Cajun was struggling to find a way out of the situation.

"Ah you know what? Never mind dat....want to play a game of cards?"
Back to top Go down
Nolee McCallister

Nolee McCallister

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Phil saw the unwillingness from Remy to speak to him. There was something different about the man, other than the fact that he was a mutant. When he spoke of Rebecca's fear not being a good thing, Phil felt like the protective father that he was. "My daughter's capability as an agent has nothing to do withe being afraid. Rebecca is next in line to take over the position as director and with good reason."

"As I was saying I would sooner have you locked in here for life than I would cut a deal with you," Phil spoke. He caught the comment about 'him and his pet' and grinned. "You've already given us some information...what do you mean do I want to play cards?"
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:53 pm

"It does actually if she can't do her job 'cause of it." Remy shrugged, brushing a bit of hair off his face with his free hand. People were more likely to pay attention to the hand he was obviously moving over the one holding the card, which was slowly starting to glow with a pinkish colour. Like with a magician, misdirection was the key. Remy was perfectly capable of charging it with energy on the spot, but he figured doing it slowly and discreetly was better in his current situation.

"Sorry mon ami, the idea of sticking around here wit' you just ain't appealing to Remy." He said, frowning slightly at the man's grin, knowing then that his comment he hadn't meant to make had been noticed. When his question about playing cards though made the man stop and ask about it, Remy's signature smirk reappeared.

"I mean like dis..." He said as he held up the card, now completely covered in the glowing energy. He threw the card, but not at the agent. He wasn't aiming to hurt the man, but to escape. He aimed it at the front of the cell, hoping to blow the door off, if not the whole wall. After throwing it, he quickly moved from the chair, ducking behind it to avoid as much of the explosion as possible before he sprang to his feet, hoping to get away before they realised what was going on.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 pm

While Phil watched the hand that was ,living, Rebecca had stopped her pacing to watch the one that was not. She was caught off guard by the pinkish hue and wasn't sure what was going on until the young man mentioned not wanting to stick around. He planned on escaping.

The card was thrown and Phil was taken aback, having not expected it. He ducked for cover, grabbing his daughters arm to shield her both from the blast and to cover her ears from the resounding explosion. He knew that it was partially his fault that she didn't like them in the first place.

Rebecca calmed and stood, the smoking debris in shambles around them. She was the first to press the alarm, the first to run after Remy. "Oh no, you are not escaping!"
Back to top Go down
https://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Remy was surprised to hear the female's voice behind him as he ran after earlier, causing him to glance back at her over his shoulder. Though he wasn't entirely sure which way led out of the place, he kept moving, using his powers to give himself a little extra speed to keep out of her reach.

What he hadn't counted on has that one of the many heroes working for S.H.I.E.L.D would be there at that moment. He turned a corner and ran straight into the iconic red, white and blue vibranium shield, his own extra speed making the collision that much worse. He fell back, his hand going to his left shoulder which he'd injured before going to Stark's. It had been more or less better by then, but landing on it as he'd fallen had caused the pain to return.
Remy rolled his eyes as he heard the sounds of the female agent catching up and knew he wouldn't be able to get away in time, dazed after running into the shield. He slowly lifted his head to look up at the man who was holding the shield, dressed in a mostly blue outfit. Going by what he'd been told by others, he'd just ran into Captain America himself.

"Hey is this the one who set off the alarm?" Remy heard the Captain ask someone who was likely the agent.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 am

Rebecca's leg was the reason her speed wasn't as it usually was. Ever since returning from Iraq, running was a pain for her because it caused a sharp pain in her leg. She hated that she felt weak and pathetic, especially in situations like this. It was her job as an agent to stop things like this from ever happening. Instead, because of her fear for explosions, he had caused one in an attempt to escape.

She was taken off guard when she saw Captain America was the man that had stopped Remy from getting too far away. Since she could remember the Captain had been a hero of hers and her fathers, the one hero that they had bonded on. With a smile, she nodded, planting the heel of her boot on Remy's shoulder to keep him down. She had trusted him and for what? He had only betrayed her trust and made a fool out of her.

"Thanks Cap'n," she nodded with a smile on her face as she hauled Remy up by the arm, making sure to cuff his hands behind his back. "We caught him stealing some of Stark's tech and thought that he would be able to tell us who did it. I see now that I was wrong in trusting a common thief like him. Dad's back by the interrogation room if you want to see him, I'm just gonna take him down to the holding cells."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 am

Remy hissed in pain when he felt her foot on his shoulder, trying in vain to push it off in an almost desperate attempt, worried she'd reinjure it. With the kind of lifestyle Remy had, he was basically useless while injured, being injured means he wouldn't be hired for any jobs until he was fully recovered.

He made an irritated sound as she pulled him to his feet and handcuffed him. Guessing that by the time he even got out of where she planned on taking him, his arm would be long recovered anyway.

"Stark tech? Wow..."

Remy rolled his eyes again at how surprised the man looked, as if he didn't think it possible, which only made the Cajun more determined to succeed next time. He watched as the Captain nodded and headed off to look for the girl's father.

"You're lucky my powers don't work on people like dey do cards." He muttered as he looked up at the female agent, hate showing in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:08 am

Rebecca's eyes were brimming with angry tears as she led Remy to the cells. "I trusted you! I trusted you to sit there and talk but noooo. I have one moment of weakness and you capitalize on it! You could have killed either my father or me if I hadn't of noticed what you were doing! I was being nice to you not because it was my job but because I honestly wanted to be nice to you!"

She unlocked his hand and tossed him in the cell when they got to it. It was smaller than she remembered but that must have been because the last time she was in here she was a child. This was where people such as Taskmaster and others were held.

"My father was right about you, LeBeau, you're a charmer who will do anything to get what he wants," snorted Rebecca.
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 am

"Oh no. If Remy wanted to kill either of you he would have made de explosion bigger." Remy said bitterly, though he actually tried to avoid killing people as much as possible. "What'd you expect me to do though? I was raised a thief, taught to do what it takes to get de job done and keep myself safe." He said, having dropped the 'cherie' he'd been calling her before his escape attempt.

He stumbled slightly as she tossed him into the cell, quickly turning around to face her, forgetting to hide the look of fear on his face.

"Look, you don't want to keep me here. They...they'll come looking for me eventually if I don't show up and you don' want that..."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 am

"Yeah? Well I'm an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and I was taught that guys like you belong in a very special place where you can't hurt anyone," Rebecca coldly replied, forcing her eyes not to meet his. The truth of the matter was that Remy was very charming and he had conned Rebecca into thinking that he honestly wanted to help, even if he couldn't tell the people his name.

She stood there looking him in the eyes for a moment before asking, "Is that fear I sense? Not a smart move for someone in your predicament. Tell me, what kinda guy has you scared?"
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:11 am

"I've worked wit' the X-Men, you really think I just go around hurtin' everyone I see?" Remy frowned, going quiet when he realised she'd picked up on the fear. He hung his head, letting his hair hide his red and black eyes from view.

"Dis man..." He started quietly, reaching a hand up to touch a spot on the back of his head, just above his neck. "He...He's dangerous. He's good enough to trick even someone like me. He has a group that works for him, but prefers using just one of dem."
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Rebecca looked upset as she looked at him, "Yeah well you almost hurt me and my dad! My leg is bum and if I didn't see what you were doing when I was pacing, I could have been killed!!!"

She looked at him, frowning when she saw the way that he touched his neck. Her eyes went soft, almost as if she was trying to figure out what he was doing, "Who is it Remy?"
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:47 pm

"But you weren't, so it don't really matter." Remy shrugged, still not happy with her, quickly pulling his hand away as if he sensed she was watching.

Not moving from where he was standing, Remy slowly sat down, not caring if the floor was cold or not. He put a hand to the shoulder he'd landed on earlier, flinching slightly as he did so. He stayed quiet for a moment before eventually deciding to look back up at her.

"His name..." Remy started before hesitating. "...It's- he calls himself Mister Sinister..." He said quietly, the way he said the name making it obvious he wasn't fond of the man.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:12 am

Rebecca shook her head, "You don't care about anyone but yourself and the things that you do. If you did care about anyone else, it would shock the hell out of me!"

She shook her head, leaning against the wall behind her. Her leg hurt and felt as if it were on fire from her injury. She knew that she had to take her medicine when Remy wasn't looking, knowing that he would say something about it if he saw her take it. While she wasn't in peak shape to be an agent, she was still damn good at what she did and she would always be thankful that she wasn't just a useless veteran when she returned from the Army.

Rebecca took a deep breath, easing her voice so that she didn't sound like she was in as much pain as she was. "Mister Sinister? I haven't heard of him but I bet dad has. He can help you Remy, my father was a prime agent when he was an agent and now he runs S.H.I.E.L.D with efficency."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:55 am

"I try not to care for people, not'ing good ever comes out of it when Remy's involved." The Cajun said angrily, quickly getting back to his feet. "...are you alright cherie?" He asked after a moment, noticing she was leaning against the wall.

When the name he had given was repeated, Remy involuntarily tensed up, not really keen on talking about him to anyone. He shook his head as she mentioned her father being able to help, looking worried as he spoke again.

"He can't help me, he ain't like you or you father." Remy muttered.

Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 am

"You're wrong about that. Had Phil Coulson not cared for me or my mom, I would have grown up fatherless and alone because mom was always working all the damn time. Sometimes, when someone cares, the whole world can change in an instant," Rebecca told him, "Maybe if...if Remy LeBeau cared about someone once in his life, he'd get the held he needs."

Rebecca slid down the wall, her knee giving out on her as she reached inside of her coat for her medication. She uncapped the bottle shakily, the pain in her knee almost unbearable, before she took one of the pills. Capping the bottle, she shook her head at Remy, "Of course I'm alright...couldn't be better."

She sat like that for a few minutes before looking at him, her eyes untrusting. "He may not be like us but we can help you Remy, we can make sure you're safe."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:32 am

"The first girl Remy cared about, he married. Dat led to having to fight her brother in a battle to de death, so Remy was banished. There was a X-Men lady, but she found out what happened in de past and ran away..." Remy half explained, the way he finished making it obvious there was more. "It don' lead to Remy getting help, just himself and others gettin' hurt."

He crossed his arms as best he could with his shoulder in pain again, tempted to take off his coat to look at it, but he decided not to. He didn't want to risk having anything of his confiscated, especially after the damage he'd caused earlier.

"You are not alright, you wouldn't be down dere if you were." Remy said with a roll of his eyes before suddenly becoming angry again. "You can't! He is a dangerous man, he's not just some average thug."

Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:42 am

"Funny, you have the same attraction to women that I have to men. The first and only guy I've ever been attracted to, his name was Troy Burton. He was a member of my platoon in Iraq. When an accident happened in my convoy, he was killed. Turns out after the fact...he was married...with two kids," Rebecca chuckled, though she knew the look on her face said that she was anything but okay with that fact.

Looking at his shoulder, Rebecca removed her bottle of pills again and tossed one to Remy. It wasn't that she would usually do a thing like that but she had stood on him pretty hard after he ran into Cap'n and she knew that his arm had to be hurting. "Take it, it'll stop the pain. As for this Mister Sinister guy, he sounds more than just a common thug. But S.H.I.E.L.D helped to take down Loki. I'm sure we can handle him."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:12 am

"Remy's lucky wit' everythin' but keeping and protecting those close to him..." The Cajun sighed, the look on his face showing he understood how she actually felt about her relationships. "...and apparently staling from Stark." He added with a small laugh.

Despite the pill she tossed to him being so small, Remy snatched it out of the air with unnatural speed, opening his hand to look at it, a curious look on his face. "Haven't had time to get it properly looked at. Only had a friend patch it up." He said with a shrug, as if it was nothing. He held the pill between two fingers, staring at it for a moment before taking it.

"Loki... He's the guy he thinks he a god right? Well this guy..." Remy said before pausing, pulling a face. "I'll explain it later, so I only have to say it once..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Just Want A Normal Life (open)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next