Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I Just Want A Normal Life (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Rebecca looked into her lap, "I swore I'd keep him safe, because I loved him. I failed. I failed to keep a guy I cared about safe." She shook her head but grinned a bit when he mentioned stealing from Stark, "From what I gather, Stark's the only person you can't steal from."

She appreciated the speed that he caught the pill out of the air. Super powers had always enticed her and there were times where she wished she had them because they would make her job that much easier. "You should have had someone look at it for real," shrugged Rebecca, "You can never be too careful with injuries least you end up hurt for longer than you intend."

"Loki is the Loki from all the Norse myths. I never had an actual run in with the man but...well...my dad did," Rebecca replied as she remembered what her father had been through. "You're going to help us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:50 am

"Exactly why I started livin' for only myself. Dey always seem to go for those you care about, but if there is no one, then dey can't." Remy said quietly, putting his hand back to his shoulder as he waited for the pill to work. "Can't have anyone look at it if I'm in here now can I? Went straight from bein' helped by the friend to the job you people caught me doin'; not had time to get someone to look at it."

He frowned at the mention of Loki, only really knowing what he'd heard about him from Wolverine, thanks to his occasional contact with the Avengers. "Someone needs to put dat guy in time out," Remy said jokingly in an attempt to lighten the mood, guessing her father's encounter hadn't been a friendly one. "I may. Still thinkin' dat one over, seeing as the last decision I made wasn't any good."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 pm

"Well living for others gives my life meaning. If I didn't have this job as a member of S.H.I.E.L.D, I dunno what I would do with my life," replied Rebecca honestly. She hadn't given much thought to what she would have done had she never joined S.H.I.E.L.D or the Army. She probably would have gone to a regular college and became a regular functioning member of society. "I'll have one of our medics look at it. They should have no problem with it."

Thoughts of Loki angered Rebecca because she thought of everything their moving around all over the world had stolen from her. With a shake of her head, she laughed, "Well, I guess we did put him in time out. He's locked in an Asgardian prison now. And we would love to have you help us. More friends than enemies is always a good policy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:51 am

"Uh huh..." Remy said with a nod, doubting she meant what she said, at least not all the time. There were points in everyone's life where they went from loving to hating what they do and back again, it depended on the day and the situation he supposed. "What medics? Ain't the kind who just takes one look at people like me den dismiss 'em, are dey?"

As she responded to his comment about Loki, Remy looked amused, but didn't laugh. He was too busy going over the various situations he could imagine leading from his current one. He stayed quiet for a couple of minutes as he decided what to do, choosing his words carefully when he finally responded.

"Dat depends...what does Remy get out of helpin' you with it?" He asked. "Already gave you de name, which you said would mean no prison, now you gotta give Remy somet'ing else for actually helping..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:01 am

"No, no these aren't those sorts of medics. The medic we have that I trust the most is actually a mutant himself," smiled Rebecca as she looked at him. She assumed that's what Remy was worried about even though it wasn't stated. She believed that almost all mutants must be scared that civilians would treat them poorly.

The fact that he looked amused about the Loki comment actually put Rebecca in a good mood. That meant her comedy, no matter how brief it was, was having an effect which meant they were becoming better aquainted. "So...you want something for helping me? That's fair. Well...what do you want Mr. Le Beau?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:02 am

"He's a mutant too?" Remy asked, raising an eyebrow, curious. "Anyone I'd know the name of? Or has he always worked 'round here for S.H.E.I.L.D?"

He slowly nodded, a concerned look showing for a second before he hid it again. It wasn't just worry about whether or not he'd be judged by a doctor for being a mutant, it was also the fact that he'd be made to take off his shirt to have his shoulder looked at properly, meaning the worst of his many scars would be visible.

"I guess...I could get it looked at den..." He muttered. "As for what I'd want...I'm not sure 'bout dat yet."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:04 am

Rebecca shrugged, "I'm not sure how he got his powers so he may be a meta but I do know that he saved my father's life and I owe him."

She stood up, the wall supporting her, and smiled softly, "Well, even though you don't know what you want yet, I'm sure you'll think of it. C'mon Remy, I can give you anything within reason. What do you want?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:18 am

As Remy listened to Rebecca explain about the man, he nodded slowly. "Well...I suppose dat's a good enough reason to trust him... Plus, you don't seem so bad yourself, so if you trust him..."

He trailed off and shrugged his shoulders, going quiet as he thought about something he might want in return for his help. He didn't respond for a few minutes, looking around the mostly empty room before he ended up just staying still, his head bowed and his eyes closed, deep in thought.

"Pretty sure all the things Remy wants, you can't give, don't know no one who can..." He finally responded, his voice quiet as he slowly opened his eyes, an almost pained look in them. He stayed quiet for a moment again before he continued. "Although...perhaps you have someone 'round here who can help a...friend of mine?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 am

Rebecca smiled, proud that Remy wasn't angry or afraid of her. As a S.H.I.E.L.D agent she had two major jobs. Job one was to make sure that the things that needed to be kept from the public were kept from them and the other was to make sure that super powered ladies and gentlemen like Gambit were either well kept or imprisoned. "Yeah, he's a good man. I'll call him up for you if I can."

As he looked around Rebecca thought about what may happen if she were to do what she was thinking. He had tried to run once and that was when she was not willing to let him out of there. With a deep sigh she opened the door to his cell. "That's one thing I can do for you. Now, tell me how I can help your friend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 am

"I guess so, not gonna do me any good if I can't use both arms properly." Remy said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Too bad Remy don' heal like Wolverine does. Woulda solved a lot of problems over the years."

He looked down at his shoulder with a sigh, carefully adjusting his coat which still had a faint blood stain on it from his original injury. He hadn't really stopped long enough to have it cleaned or to replace it; though doing that was only really a last resort. He got more attached to his belongings he carried with him than he'd probably admit, likely because they were the few things that didn't constantly change.

"Helpin' my friend depends if you have de right kinda people to do so. She gets real tired of not being able to do things 'cause she can't always control her powers..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:03 am

"A healing factor would definitely help out," Rebecca nodded at Remy. She had seen people who could heal themselves and deep down she was jealous. Her leg injury made her stand out from the crowd and the only person she had ever found to help...well...S.H.I.E.L.D could never know if she went to him.

Rebecca looked at his jacket, "I can clean that for you. I do know how to do laundry and I may or may not have a coat similar to that." In fact, she did have a trench coat like that. It was one of the few coats that she wore, simply because she didn't like to wear coats that were overly feminine.

"I can help her, that much I swear," Rebecca answered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:36 am

"Oui, it would be." Remy said, nodding as well. "Would help a lot for the kinda jobs we do..." He added, trailing off as he silently hoped that would lead to being questioned about his most recent job again. Or any of the others really.

"Bet yours don't have as many pockets as mine does." Remy said with a small smirk after she mentioned having a similar coat. He went quiet for a moment as he considered her offer to clean it, putting a hand over part of the coat that hung over his chest where, on the inside, was a pocket with one of his many decks of cards; he looked possessive, like a child who had been asked to hand over one of their favourite toys.

"I don't know about dat..." He said slowly in response to her offer and her promise to help his friend.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:49 am

"So you do a lot of jobs that require you to steal things? If you were working for Tony and helping him steal from AIM and...and Aldrich...well, Tony would probably hire you for things like that," Rebecca smiled as she recalled Stark's hatred for the other man.

"How many pockets does yours have? Mine has two outer pockets and two inner pockets," Rebecca smiled. She saw how possessive he became and shook her head, "If you don't want to give this to me, it's fine. You honestly don't have too."

"She can't be too hard to help," Rebecca smiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 am

"I was raised by de head of the Thieves Guild cherie, what do expect me to be doin', sellin' flowers on de sidewalk?" Remy chuckled before tilting his head to one side curiously. "Workin' for Stark? Why would he be wanting to steal from dis other guy? That don't sound like somet'ing he'd do...but then, I don' know him personally." He shrugged.

"Mine has a few more on de inside then that. Had 'em added after I kept runnin' outta room for things I needed." Remy answered in response to her question about his coat, slowly lowering his hand.

"It probably could use a bit of a clean...it's a real pain finding just the right coat for a replacement..." He paused, thinking about it for a moment. "'s long as I get to be the one holdin' onto my things while you do that."

After that, Remy went quiet, a frown on his face as he actually thought about how the 'help' would look from the point of view of someone who was unaware of the situation. He doubted his friend would appreciate S.H.I.E.L.D agents suddenly showing up looking for her. "Actually, maybe it be better if you don't do dat. She might jus' get more angry wit' me..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:26 pm

"Well...Aldrich Killian is a bad man. Tony and him have fought more than once, Aldrich want's all the world to be perfect and we all know it just can't be," shrugged Rebecca, "Tony might like you're help in stopping some of the more sinister things from getting out there."

"Well if you need more room I guess that's a good thing," shrugged Rebecca, "And I promise that not only will you get to keep your things but that I will be the one to wash everything for you."

"She's angry at you?"
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:39 am

"How many guy's has Stark got out to kill him? Wasn't there dat guy who helped run Stark Industries...and dat Hammer guy...and the guy with the whips?" Remy asked, shaking his head. "I guess havin' a lotta cash does that to ya."

Remy nodded, slowly reaching into his pocket to pull out his cards. "Of course it's a good thing, ain't got time to worry about whether or not I've got enough room while I'm in de middle of somet'ing..."

At the question about his friend, Remy looked away, turning so his back was to her. "Uh...you could say dat..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:49 am

"Well yeah, Obediah Stane wanted to kill him...and then there was Hammer...and then Whiplash..." Rebecca thought about it, "woah, I never realized that Tony has so many people who want him dead..."

She shook her head and smiled as she folded the jacket over her shoulder as she took it from him, "That makes sense. I don't wear my jacket on missions because the few places I have been so far have been extremely warm."

"It's someone you're in love with...isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:24 am

"That's the problem wit' having so much, you become a target for both killers an' thieves and you don't even have to have done anything to piss dem off. Just having all dat stuff makes people like Stark a target..." Remy said. It was something he'd realised while doing jobs over the years. The richer you were, the more people targeted you.

He emptied out his coat pockets, taking off the coat before hesitantly handing it over to her and sitting down on the floor with his things. "Hmm, see, difference is wit' me, carrying around a bag of any kind ain't gonna do me any favours cherie. You ever tried gettin' through a room full of lasers? Hard enough wit'out worryin' if a bag's hanging in de wrong spot."

Remy glanced up at her, studying her for a moment before deciding to answer her question, having been trying to decide if he could get away with lying or not considering his charm hadn't worked so well earlier. "...she might be." He shrugged. "It depends."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:13 pm

"I don't think I could deal if I was Tony. I guess that's what makes him such a good man, he's always ready to do so much to defend the world from evil," Rebecca smiled, knowingly. "You sound like you talk from experience though? You've obviously seen some things, right?"

"That would not be too good, I can see that being a real problem," Rebecca winced, imagining what might happen. She had no idea what those sorts of lasers did but she imagined they weren't anything except alerting police. "Is it like the movies though? They hurt you if you touch 'em?"

Rebecca knew love...or at least she thought she did. When she was a naive Army recruit, she had fallen in love with a man who was much older than her in her platoon, Troy Burton. Troy had ended up as a married man and Rebecca was nothing but a spurned woman with a broken heart. "Well, I'll do anything to help true love."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:27 pm

"Remy thought that was kind of implied after he talked about such a thing. Dis Cajun's seen a lot of t'ings...and been a part of many more he'd rather not speak of cherie." Remy said with a frown, though he couldn't help but smirk a little when she asked about the lasers. "I think maybe it depends on who set 'em up. But mostly, non, dey only really help get a person in trouble, so hangin' bags aren't a good idea. Much easier to avoid though when you have skills like Remy do though."

He pulled a face, springing to his feet with a burst of speed aided by his power, moving so that he was standing in front of her. Remy looked her over as he stood there, partly out of curiosity, studying her body language as he tried to figure out if she really meant what she'd said; the other part the Cajun just being his usual self. When he finally spoke again, his voice was quiet. "Would you really cherie? Would you leave your home or maybe kill a man if you thought it would help what you think at de time might be true love...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jason Blood

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 am

Rebecca felt foolish at Remy's words. Of course it was implied. A man like Remy LeBeau worked doing things that the rest of the world would consider foolish and dangerous. "Well, you're not the only one whose seen things. I mean, I may not have seen as much things as you have but I've seen things. After all, I was a military woman for years. That makes me the same as you, just in a different context."

Rebecca took a deep breath, "I didn't mean for myself. I don't believe I'll ever fall truly in love. I meant that I would do anything to help the woman you love."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 am

"Oh Remy knows he's not de only one, don't worry 'bout dat cherie. You're prob'ly better off not going through some of the stuff Remy has, ever. ...but he also probably don't want to deal wit' any of dat military stuff. When you someone with powers, or someone whose life involves dem in some way, you kind of got to expect to deal wit' things you'd rather not..."

Remy trailed off and chuckled at her afterwards, shaking his head at the agent. "I know what you meant, problem is...Remy don't know what exactly he feels for her at de moment. But her power bothers her sometimes so..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:17 pm

"Well, I'd give anything to have a 100% normal life," Rebecca finally admitted not only to herself but to Remy as well. "I don't envy you, not just because you're a mutant but because you have powers in general. I don't like running around all the time as an Agent. I'd prefer sometimes to just run around as a normal young woman."

She took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair, "How can you not know what you feel for her? And she's powered too?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 am

Hearing her statement about wanting a normal life, the Cajun laughed. "Really cherie? Some of us have tried living normal lives, it gets old real fast. It gets boring. Sure havin' powers often leads to danger, but at least ya don't ever have to worry about gettin' bored. At least not for too long. There ain't no such thing as normal anyway, not really. Ask a bunch of people about what it is an' dey would prob'ly all answer differently."

As he thought about Rogue...about Anna, Remy was silent; the usually wary or distrusting look in his eyes changing to a much softer one. "Because...de last time Remy spoke to her she accidentally used her power and it led to us havin' a fight." He told her, indirectly answering both questions at once. "We both kind of said some hurtful things that we prob'ly didn't mean."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:19 am

"Do you know what my life has been since I was seven?" Rebecca asked, not aware that to a man like Remy her statement might sound intolerant and crude. "When I was seven my dad had to fake his death so that he could get the Avengers to join up and be a team. After that we traveled around so that dad could recruit new super heroes to S.H.I.E.L.D. I never had a real friend, not that I can remember. I was the kid of the weird guy in the suit. I wasn't bored but I wasn't living the life I should have been. And now? Well I can't stop being the good little super spy who follows in daddies foot steps."

Noticing how Remy spoke of this woman, Rebecca smiled. It was the same way she used to talk about Troy before she found out that she had been led on by a married man. "Well...you guys will be able to repair things. I'll help you if you think she needs it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   

Back to top Go down

I Just Want A Normal Life (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next