No Heroes or Villains In This Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Margaret Sorrow

Margaret Sorrow

The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity Empty
PostSubject: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 4:51 pm

There were things she didn't know.

She didn't know where she was from or who she was or what she was supposed to do with her life. And she certainly didn't know that her body harbored two different sorts of personalities.

The first was the one that she was in now: Cassie Warren. As Cassie, she was sweet and loving and willing to help anyone. She was loving to those who needed her, polite to those she didn't know as well.

The second personality was that one's complete opposite. The second personality was that of the villainess Magpie. She was a child at heart, loving all things that glittered in the light. But she was also cruel and vindictive, wanting all shiny things to be hers.

Cassie didn't know about Magpie, nor did Magpie know about Cassie. It was a loop, during the day Cassie would work but at night Magpie would come out to play.

Right now she was at work for Dr. Ravencroft, a psychiatrist who was good at what she did. Deep down Cassie thought that she knew the younger girl but she wasn't quite sure. She looked up from her typing with a smile, "Dr. Ravencroft will see the next patient."
Back to top Go down
Jean Grey

Jean Grey

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:37 am

Looking up from her seat, the redhead known as Jean Grey nodded, a small, nervous smile on her face. Ever since she'd woken up, finding herself on the shores of Alkali lake in Canada, Jean had found herself with a lot of gaps in her memory, some bigger than others.

For a start, she had no idea how long ago the events leading up to Alkali lake had been and she only remembered certain things from before that. It was like her memory was a glass bowl that had been shattered. Most of the memories were there, but she didn't know where they fit into her past. She could remember names but not faces to go with them and others she remembered the faces but couldn't recall the name that went with it.

She could just use her powers to read minds of people to find out, but she was worried she'd lose control of them like she had been before helping the other X-Men escape the flood at the lake, plus she didn't even remember where the X-Mansion was anyway.

So, hoping to get some help to sort out the memories, Jean had been seeing the psychiatrist known as Dr Ravencroft.

"Thank you." She said to the dark haired woman at the desk as she headed towards the office.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Sorrow

Margaret Sorrow

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:56 am

The last person in the waiting room was the red head and Cassie felt as if she had seen her somewhere before. Not that Cassie remembered many things. She didn't remember her family for instance, swearing she had been an orphan since she moved to Gotham. Dr. Ravencroft had been helping her try and figure everything out but it felt as if there was something the good doctor wasn't telling her.

She had major blackouts, ones that Dr. Ravencroft had told her that she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to fix.

When she saw patients go into the office, sometimes she liked to imagine what they talked about. For some reason, she couldn't begin to wonder what a beautiful older woman like this was doing talking to Dr. Ravencroft. She looked rich enough to pay her way out of any problem she had.
Back to top Go down
Jean Grey

Jean Grey

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:45 am

As Jean went to go into the office, she paused to look back over her shoulder, her hand on the door. The lady at the desk seemed vaguely familiar, but Jean figured she'd probably just passed her in the street recently. She shrugged her shoulders and went in for her appointment.

Sometime later, she came back out again, not surprised to see the lady was still working. Jean guessed that though the waiting room was empty once it was her turn, there were still more scheduled appointments later on; that or she just had other work that needed doing.

Jean stood there for a moment, brushing a hand through her red hair before going over to the desk, a sort of confused look on her face. "Um...hello... I'm not entirely sure how this office works. Do I pay here or what...?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:50 am

Cassie looked up from the intense staring at the nameplate on the desk that she was doing. Though she saw her own eyes looking back at her, it just didn't seem right. It seemed as if someone else should be looking back at her, someone darker than petite little Cassie Warner who would never hurt a fly. Sometimes she had dreams about an older man, The Penguin she thought his villain name was, calling her daughter and the two sharing a hug.

It just seemed wrong.

Snapping from her thoughts, she looked at Jean, "um, oh, yeah. You pay here and schedule you're next apointment, provided you'll be coming back to Dr. Ravencroft's."
Back to top Go down
Jean Grey

Jean Grey

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:48 am

"Oh, yes." Jean replied, nodding in response. "It was ...recommended I do so." She added with a frown. Sure she could go back and find her friends and ask them for the help she needed, but then there was still the issue of not remembering where they were; so Jean settled for Dr. Ravencroft.

She squinted her eyes slightly, sensing that something was wrong with the woman, emotionally anyway; Jean picked up emotions at times without even meaning to. But there was also something else about her that Jean sensed was different to others. "...are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:12 pm

"Don't feel bad, a lot of the people that come around here have to go back to see Dr. Ravencroft," shrugged Cassie as she typed into the computer system. "It looks like the next open appointment we have is in about a month's time from today. Does that work for you?"

Cassie looked at her, raising an eyebrow, "Of course I'm okay...I mean...why wouldn't I be okay?"
Back to top Go down
Jean Grey

Jean Grey

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:08 am

"Oh, it's more the reason for why I come that bothers me. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just for stress or something." Jean said with a shrug of her shoulders before nodding. "Yeah, that's fine. Easier to remember if it's on the same date."

She brushed a strand of red hair off her face, watching the woman's reactions carefully. "I'm not sure exactly," She lied, unsure what was safe to tell the woman. She'd been living a fairly quiet life recently and wasn't about to risk losing that over a woman at a desk. "I just have this...feeling that you aren't I guess."
Back to top Go down
Margaret Sorrow

Margaret Sorrow

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:25 am

"Well Dr. Ravencroft has some really bad patients," she looked around before leaning in. "Did you know The Penguin comes here? Well, his real names Chester Cobblepott but he's here like, everyday. He always talks to me too, like he knows me. It's kinda weird."

Leaning back she looked at her, running a hand through her shaggy black hair. "Well...I'm fine. But maybe if you'd like to prove I am, we can grab coffee sometime?"
Back to top Go down
Jean Grey

Jean Grey

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:52 am

"The Penguin?" Jean tilted her head a little to one side, unsure if she'd heard the name or not before. "Sounds like one of those typical bad guy names. He sounds kind of creepy."

At the suggestion of getting a coffee, Jean raised an eyebrow, not entirely sure what the dark haired woman meant by it. After a moment though, she just shrugged her shoulders, deciding to just go along with it. She figured it wouldn't hurt to have at least one person she knew properly. "Yeah...I guess we could do that."
Back to top Go down
Margaret Sorrow

Margaret Sorrow

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:29 am

"Yeah," Cassie nodded. Though she knew that she shouldn't, she added a statement that could be misconstrued as being a villain herself, "He's not all that bad. He's really nice and he always brings me these cinammon candies that taste yummy. He says everyone should have a friend."

With a smile, Cassie nodded, "I just...you look like you could use a friend. Unlike others you were texting away on a cell phone when you walked in here. I guessed you didn't have someone to talk to..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity   The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity Empty

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Beauty Lies In The Greatest Clarity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
No Heroes or Villains In This Story :: The City Is A Dangerous Place :: Doctors and Hospitals-
Jump to: