Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:15 am

Though he sent a kick at her bad lef, Rebecca wasn't worried about it. As an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D she had been working on building herself up to the glory she had when she was in the military. She moved back a step but grinned, "More powerful than you? You're in handcuffs, about to be taken to The Box probably. You do know what The Box is, don't you?"

Phil gave Fitz a resurring look. He wanted the man to know that he was going to be fine, that the past was in the past. The truth was that, deep down, he did have a bit of hesitation about all of this. It all seemed to...easy. It seemed as if he was being set up to fail. "Leo, I give you my word that I can take care of myself and take care of the two of you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 am

"No, I don't know what that is, but I really do not care. You foolish mortals have nothing that can cause any real harm to me. Your pathetic 'guns' do nothing to me. The dark Elves however... You all say we dress like your old ages, but they have weapons that actually harm others besides you weak beings. In fact, all those in the other realms are far more advanced than you are." Loki hissed. Afterwards, he glared at a couple who were still standing around, filming the events on a phone. They panicked and dropped the object, scrambling to pick it up.

"Alright..." Fitz replied, speaking slowly. He believed the words when Coulson said them, as he'd gotten them through many situations before, but the engineer still couldn't help but be nervous anyway. At least on their missions he'd had Jemma Simmons by his side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:26 pm

"Dark elves? What do you mean dark elves? There are realms other than Earth and Asgard?" Rebecca tried to call to mind her lessons of the other realms. None came to mind. She shook her head, understanding that he was probably just trying to get her to forget about the task at hand. She shook her head, helping the god to get into red corvette. It didn't look safe but once he was inside he would find it hard to get out of.

Phil smiled charmingly, "She's waiting for us back on the helicarrier Fitz."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:04 am

"Of course there are! Are you really that clueless? Thor explained it to his Jane we he was first here, I'd have thought S.H.I.E.L.D would have learned all about it since then." Loki spat, followed by a string of insults as he was led to the car and made to sit in it, which only seemed to make him curse and complain more.

"Why must I sit in this...thing? It is a awful shade of red, how do you stand it? It is much too bright to even look at, why can't you mortals just leave things as they are and use the more natural shades of the metals you build with? If I weren't surrendering to avoid that monster, I'd have to destroy this hideous thing!"

Fitz couldn't help but jump slightly at Coulson's comment, wondering for a moment if he'd spoken out loud when he'd worried about not having Simmons around. "I- I didn't say anything about her sir, what makes you think- Is he always this talkative?" He said, frowning as he heard Loki's complaints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:17 am

Rebecca felt slightly foolish. The truth was that if she had paid attention to Selvig and Jane more, she would probably understand the fact that there were other realms. However, talk of Asgard had always made her think of the man who sat next to her in the car and that thinking always made her think of how she had lost her father at one point. "This thing, Loki, is a car. I know you Asgardians don't exactly have the most updated forms of transportation but I thought that maybe you wouldn't be a complete idiot," Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"If you ignore him, Agent Coulson," Phil chuckled as he looked at her via the rearview mirror, "I'm sure he won't complain near as much."

He turned to look at Fitz and shook his head, "No, you didn't mention her out loud but you forget, I was an agent at one point too. I know how to pick up on social cues. You are always with her so it would be normal for you to miss her like this."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:21 am

"How dare you! I am no idiot, I am much smarter than Thor and definitely smarter than you. It is one of the benefits of a longer life." Loki replied, looking offended. If he weren't handcuffed, he'd have crossed his arms, instead he huffed and continued complaining some more after hearing Coulson's suggestion, hoping that it would lead them to think maybe he wasn't as bad as they normally assumed. "You cannot ignore me, I am a rightful king! You are supposed to respect royalty!"

"Right. Sorry sir, I know you're an agent," Fitz apologised, hanging his head to hide the embarrassed look on his face. "It's more the problem that I'm still hopeless in social situations that don't involve science..." He added, somewhat jokingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 am

"You're an idiot," Rebecca muttered under her breath. Usually she had no problem following orders. It was something that her superiors in the military doted on her for. Recently, however, she had been thinking about the past and thinking about the past always drummed up feelings of how she'd like to pay Loki back for all the pain and hardships he had inadvertantly caused in her life by the action of attempting to murder her father. "You're not a rightful king of anything. At all."

Phil smiled and looked at Leo out of the corner of his eyes, "Trust me, Leo, you're doing just fine. You've been doing great when we've asked you to go into the field, the same as Jemma."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:03 am

"I am so, even if I refer to myself of Jotenheim, Laufey was their ruler, meaning I still am then a rightful king! I have more rights to royalty than you do and ever will." Loki replied, like child trying to prove to another that something was true; more whiny than convincing.

"You...really think so?" Fitz couldn't help but look surprised, rarely actually hearing what people thought of his field work, mostly because he was too scared to ask. He pulled a face after a moment before are glancing back at Rebecca. "Are we able to shut him up?"

Last edited by Loki on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Rebecca shrugged, "Royalty just tends to make someone a dick. Even Thor has his moments where he's an entitled little brat. I do just fine being in the military and helping others. Now, if you don't shut up, Loki, I'm going to make you shut up."

Phil shook his head, "I don't think anything. I know. You're doing fine. I wouldn't have requested you two to be on my side if I didn't think you were capable of it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:49 am

"Oh, finally," Loki chuckled, more amused than intimidated. "It is about time someone else agreed he's no better than anyone else currently in power. You cannot hurt me by the way, so how are you supposed to 'make' me be silent eh?"

Fitz smiled and nodded, watching the scenery pass as they drove. "Thank you sir. ...and to think I never passed that field exam."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:13 am

Rebecca leaned forward, "I cannot hurt you, maybe not. But I've got friends who could. I could always call Mr. Banner over. I'm sure he would transform into the beast just so that he could beat the hell out of you."

"Want to know something, Fitz? I'd try to see if you could retake it. After you've done all these things, you'll be fine out in that field."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

"Banner...?" Loki cringed as he said the name, glad now he'd used the man as his reason for his 'surrender', it was an easy story for him to keep up. "You keep that...thing far away from me. I am surprised your people let him roam as he pleases...."

"No offense Coulson but I still think I much prefer my lab over the field." Fitz said, looking back at the older agent. "Not that this isn't fun and all..." He added jokingly.
He frowned though at Loki's words and turned to look at Rebecca.
"Y'know, we could always use someone to test this on for uh...not quite human threats..." He said to her, referring to the gun in the case he'd offered Coulson earlier, patting the case that was sitting on his lap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:42 am

"He's not a thing! Bruce is one of the nicest men I know, certainly he's more of a man than you will ever hope to be," sneered Rebecca. Bruce had been there for her when she was a child, during the time that she thought her father to be dead.

"Take your lab then," Coulson chuckled, "Oh? And who do you suggest that we use as fodder for your new toy?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 am

"I want not to be a simple man, so that does not bother me." Loki replied, rolling his eyes at her.

"I will. It's somehow less of a risk than a drive down the road from the lab itself." Fitz replied with a laugh, though still nervous. "Who else would we test it on here? Worst harm it'll do is what it's supposed to and put him to sleep. If it doesn't work on his kind, I'd say it'd likely just sting a bit." He explained with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:06 am

Rebecca was getting madder by the second. She gripped the handle of her cane tighter, her knuckles almost turning pure white from it. If she ignored him, she could survive the rest of this trip.

Phil thought about it. On one hand he could knock out his enemy and test out the new toy Fitz had created all at the same time. On the other hand, something told him that Loki was lying about the reason that he was here. Something just didn't add up. With a deep breath, he stole a glance at Loki in the rearview mirror. "Pull over at the next rest area Fitz."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Mon May 12, 2014 10:14 am

"Yes sir." Fitz responded with a small nod, wondering how Rebecca was able to be so patient with Loki still finding things to complain about or use to make Rebecca madder. Even the engineer's patience was growing thin listening to it.

"Oh dear, are my words offending you?" Loki asked Rebecca, in a polite tone as if he hadn't been aware of what he was even doing. "Trying to be good while you are with your precious father? Worried even he'd be mad if you vented your anger? You know it is rather unhealthy to hold in your emotions; look at me for example..."

He paused, noticing the car was stopping. "...what are we doing?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Wed May 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Rebecca looked at Fitz in the mirror, though she knew a bit of Loki's words were true. She was being offended and she was afraid that if she let her anger out, her father would frown on it. Phil Coulson liked to keep his temper in situations like these. If Rebecca were to snap, he would be the first to chastize her.

Phil looked at Fitz, "Do I need to drag him out of the car so you can hit him with the night night gun or can you do it in the car safetly?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:56 am

"Do you what!?" Loki asked when he heard them, worried when he heard them speaking so casually about dragging him from the car. How dare they do such a thing to a god?

"You can do it if you'd like sir. You have a better aim than I do, so you mightn't have to get him out. ...I suppose you could do that anyway though if you really wanted." Fitz replied with a shrug. He figured Coulson would want a chance to humiliate Loki after everything he'd done, even if Coulson wouldn't ever admit it. Fitz would have wanted the chance if it was himself Loki had hurt. Not that he though himself brave enough to dare annoy the 'god'.

"What are you doing? And how dare you ignore me?!" Loki snapped at them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Rebecca smirked at how shocked Loki seemed to be. She took the night night gun from her father with a smirk, "Let me do this. Call it the only retribution I will ever get for the worst pain in my life."

Phil considered it. Rebecca did feel like she had to pay Loki back AND they did need to knock him out. So he handed over the gun, pointing it at Loki, before pulling the trigger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:47 am

"Do what?" Loki asked, looking agitated. Past experiences had left him unable to stand people hiding things from him so the lack of explanation from any of the agents was bugging him. He went to raise a hand, hoping to be able to conjure some defensive magic, but instead was reminded of the handcuffs he'd made the mistake of willingly letting Coulson put on him. He made an irritated sound and raised both cuffed hands instead, though more in a gesture of surrender than defence as he put on his best 'puppy dog' face in response to Rebecca taking the gun. "No; stop. You can't-"

She'd already pulled the trigger before he could finish, Loki flinching when the shot struck him in one of his outstretched arms.

"What is this?" He asked, quickly pulling his arms close to his body, looking down at where he'd been struck, blinking a few times before pulling a face.

"What have you done to me?!" He snapped, looking panicked for a moment before jumping to a string of threats and curses directed at the agents before he went quiet, slumping forward in his seat.

"It worked." Fitz said, looking genuinely surprised that it did. "Well... assuming it hasn't just killed him anyway. Without someone to test it on it's hard to say how much adjusting we needed; could've been off and not been enough or just killed him...both probably more likely than it working properly really..." He mumbled afterwards with a shrug of his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:55 pm

"And if it did kill him, it's no loss," Phil muttered as he started the car up again.

Rebecca had never heard her father use such language but at least a part of her knew that it was true. Loki was pure evil, someone capable of anything. "He's alive," she pointed out, watching his breathing, "it's easy to tell."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:00 am

In response to Coulson's words, Fitz raised an eyebrow, not quite sure how to respond to the comment, or if he agreed with it. Sure Loki had done some bad things, but he wasn't sure either himself or Jemma Simmons could cope with the idea of having been responsible for his death because they were curious about whether or not their 'night night' gun's improvements actually worked.

"Oh- it is?" He asked Rebecca, turning to look for himself. He let out a sigh of relief when the saw for himself that Loki was breathing. "...so it worked."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:15 am

Rebecca didn't like that tone in her father's voice. Her father, the kind and responsible agent, was harboring a grudge against the trickster god. Anyone could have been able to tell. Rebecca just didn't think it was that bad.

She studied Phil for a moment before nodding, "It worked. You're and Jemma's inventions always work. The two of you are brilliant."
Back to top Go down
Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:12 am

A slight frown showed on Fitz's face as he watched Rebecca study her father, but he stayed quiet, at least on that subject. He figured that now wasn't really the best time to talk about the two's Loki-related issues.
In response to her compliment, he simply laughed and waved a hand dismissively.
"Oh come on, they don't always work. We aren't all that 'brilliant' really- well Simmons maybe, but we're mostly just 'really smart'," he said. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate the comment, the engineer just preferred not to get too much of a big head over his own accomplishments.

"Oh, uh... I'm not actually sure how long he'll stay like that by the way," he said, referring to Loki. "And I'm guessing when he wakes up he won't be too happy..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 pm

"She's right Fitz," Coulson replied, a small smile on his face as he had cleared the dark thoughts from his head. "You and Simmons always manage to make the best gear."

"Unfortunately, he's right as well," Rebecca spoke, "We'll have to get him back to base soon. Make Lola fly?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   

Back to top Go down

I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next