No Heroes or Villains In This Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nolee McCallister

Nolee McCallister

Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) Empty
PostSubject: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:10 pm

There were days that Nolee McCallister knew why her freedom was so precious to her. These days came more often than not. She loved living on her own, being able to fight crime without listening to Dinah and Oliver complaining about her methods. It wasn't her fault that villains did whatever she said. Yes, it was her power but it was not an easily controlled one. The freedom to not have to listen to their methods was one she embraced fully. But there was a darker, sadder side to her freedom.

More often than not, her freedom was nothing more than simply missing the only family that ever felt like family. Dinah had saved her from death, regardless of if it was her own hand that had cut her wrists. Dinah was the first strong mother figure that Nolee had ever had, Oliver being the only father figure who had been there for her. She even had two brothers in Connor and Roy. She realized that she had lost that family by her methods and while she wasn't going to change her methods, she realized she had let the only good thing she ever had slip through her fingers.

Now was not the time to cry about it. Now she wasn't the meek and soft spoken Nolee McCallister. Right now she was the powerful and foreboding Siren. Siren didn't need anyone or anything. Siren was the answer to prayers for justice, perched on a roof and ready to fight.

Siren was her way of hiding the hurt.
Back to top Go down
Jacen Worthington

Jacen Worthington

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:49 am

Jacen was no stranger to being alone, he'd left behind his family, his home; his country in hopes that it would allow his mother and his twin brother to live in peace. He'd ran away from home after being accused of witchcraft, or otherwise being a criminal thanks to his powers.

It surprised him that so far he'd never seriously hurt anyone with them; he'd done more damage with his fists than he had his power. He'd been lucky to only have caused minor burns or made people unwell for a short time from inhaling the smoke after he'd accidentally burnt buildings. The most damaged he'd ever really caused was to himself, his body scarred from various times he'd lost control; the most obvious scars being on his arms. He covered them as best he could, but either way he still felt overly self-conscious. Most people don't walk around wearing gloves that cover most of their arms after all. For that reason, he wore a coat a lot too, even on warm days.

Currently, he was alone and out for a walk, liking time away from the family who'd adopted him every now and then. He was hoping to stay out of trouble for once; but that rarely seemed to happen.
Back to top Go down
Nolee McCallister

Nolee McCallister

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:43 pm

"Well aren't you suspicious..." Nolee chuckled to herself as she saw the stranger walking alone down the street. For a gentleman to be out this late at night was one thing, for him to be wearing full length gloves and a trenchcoat was another. With the ease and grace that she had been taught, Nolee was down on the street in no time. She landed crouched in front of the young man with a grin across her face, "What's a nice boy like you doing out on a dark night like this in such a trenchcoat? You wouldn't be plannin' somethin' evil would you?"
Back to top Go down
Jacen Worthington

Jacen Worthington

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:31 am

At the sudden appearance of the young woman, Jacen jumped in shock, quickly taking a breath to stop himself freaking out too much. "E-evil? What? I- No!" He said nervously, taking a step back from her. "Why's it any of your business anyway? Who are you?!" He could have been more polite about it, but he didn't care so much after her sudden appearance.
Back to top Go down
Nolee McCallister

Nolee McCallister

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Nolee smiled as the young man in front of her looked rather nervous. Nervous people always had something to hide, always. With a smile, she headed towards him, "Not evil?" she asked, crossing her bare arms over her chest, "I'm Siren and you're in my part of town so I wouldn't do anything you're going to regret."
Back to top Go down
Jacen Worthington

Jacen Worthington

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:08 am

"Siren? Surely that isn't your real name." Jacen responded, smirking a little. Despite how long he'd been in America already, his British accent was still obvious. "I wasn't even doing anything, besides walking home. Is that 'evil'?"

He shook his head at her, wondering where she'd even get the idea that the place was 'her' part of town. He doubted she owned it.

"It's hardly your town lady." He said. "I'm sure I'd have heard by now if someone with your looks was important enough to own so much."
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:49 am

Nolee could hear the sense of snark that only a Brit could muster up, somehow their words always seemed to cut more to the quick than the insults of an American. Yet that wasn't the problem. Problem was that this man didn't seem to be afraid of her. "Even if Siren isn't my real name, you should respect me. I keep this quarter of town and it's people safe from those who would want to do it harm. I've never seen you around and at this time of night, walking around dressed the way you are is just more than a tab suspicious."
Back to top Go down
Jacen Worthington

Jacen Worthington

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:50 am

"I shouldn't respect anyone who hasn't shown they deserve it from me actually." Jacen replied, as if it was an obvious fact. "I save that for people I believe deserve it. And I've seen much more suspicious folks around here than myself, so why's what I choose to wear any concern of yours Siren? Stereotyping is wrong you know." He added, raising an eyebrow.

Back to top Go down
Nolee McCallister

Nolee McCallister

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:20 pm

"Because, and lets just call it a hunch, I can sense that you aren't as shy and unpowered as you seem," Nolee chuckled as she looked at him. "So why don't you tell me what sort of powers you have."
Back to top Go down
Jacen Worthington

Jacen Worthington

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:27 am

"Oh? And what makes you think that hm?" Jacen asked, nervous beneath his attitude. As far as he knew, his adopted brother Warren was the only one around who knew he had powers. "I- I don't know what you are talking about..."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 12:02 pm

"The scorch marks on your jacket sleeves for starters," shrugged Nolee as her heels clacked against the pavement. "Shall I go on?"
Back to top Go down
https://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Jacen Worthington

Jacen Worthington

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 9:14 am

Jacen couldn't help but tense at the mention of scorch marks and struggled to resist the urge to look and see if it was true, just in case she'd simply made a guess at his powers and was looking to catch him out.
"Oh, no...no need for that." He said, waving a hand dismissively. "There are better ways than playing a silly guessing game." Instead of lowering his hand back to his side, Jacen turned his hand over so his palm was facing upwards, a small fire igniting in his hand after a moment.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 2:03 pm

So he was different, be it a meta human like her or one of the mutants she had heard so much about. "So tell me," she spoke again, not giving him much of an option. "Are you here to cause chaos or are you one of the good ones?"
Back to top Go down
Jacen Worthington

Jacen Worthington

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:34 am

He took a breath, a look of concentration on his face as he closed his hand, extinguishing the flames. He was still getting used to stopping and starting the use of his power when he wanted to. There was only so much he could learn when so far the only help he was getting was from his adopted brother...whose powers were much different to his own.

"Chaos? God no." He replied, pulling a face. "Definitely not that. Uh...at least not intentionally..."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:33 am

"So your a hero," she spoke with a quick nod of her head. Nolee didn't like those who were villains, in fact, she would willingly kill if she had the chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)   Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom Ain't Nothin' But Missin' You (open)
Page 1 of 1