No Heroes or Villains In This Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nothing Left To Lose (open)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:09 am

"Well then, you're no fun at all are you?" Marco frowned. He was bored and getting frustrated with not being able to see. He was waiting for any excuse really to be able to vent the frustration, his frown turning to a grin when he heard one of the people they'd just passed screaming.

Ignoring the fact it had been a woman, Marco quickly spun around, creating a phantom limb out of shadows. It mimicked the movement of his own outstretched hand, closing its hand round the woman's throat. He thought it was actually more fun doing it himself, but it was safer for him this way.

"Do you really have to scream so loud? It's rather annoying." Marco asked the woman with a cold tone.
Back to top Go down
Grant Ward

Grant Ward

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 am

Grant's eyes went to what Marco was doing. He usually had no problem tormenting people he robbed from but this man was taking it to another level. He had no idea what Marco did for a living, nor what family Marco had, but he was sure that he wouldn't be too keen on sticking around to find out.

Instead of doing the noble thing and helping out the woman that Marco was attacking, Grant took off. If this man wanted to kill him, he'd first have to find him. And if he wanted to find him, he should learn how to handle his fear.
Back to top Go down
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 6:06 am

Marco tightened his shadow grip on the woman before pausing, hearing the other man take off. He growled and released the woman, hurt, but not dead. He turned towards the direction he'd heard Grant run off in, following as best he could, being careful not to run into anyone. He didn't like the man, especially not his powers. The man may not exactly be what Marco had told were mutants, but he still had powers, so Marco figured his bosses would say the man falls onto his list of targets.

He tore off his blindfold, the shadows dissolving and he let out a sigh, relieved that he had passed the green mist. He was free to follow the man, to hunt him down. Hopefully he was unaware that he'd become a target; Marco didn't really want to deal with the man's powers again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 12:36 pm

Grant rarely made mistakes. He had been a thief for so long that he knew how to control his movements so that most others couldn't find him. However, for some reason, he felt that he had to make sure this man wasn't following him. He turned around and, as he did, missed the crate jutting out in the middle of the alley.

His first thought as he fell was that his daughter was at stake and he had failed her.
Back to top Go down
https://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 9:42 am

As the man fell, Marco grinned and stopped at the end of the alley. It would make his job that much easier. Darkness seemed to radiate from him as he stood there.

"You're making this almost too easy." He laughed, shaking his head. "I'm sure they'll be happy to hear I got rid of you on top of the kid I got rid of earlier. I think he said his 'name' was Sunspot. Or perhaps it was friend who cried out before running off... Annoying powers they were though, but luckily I carry this around for when my powers don't work as well." He smirked, pulling out a knife from a small sheath attached to his belt.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 11:37 am

Garrett looked up at him.

Darkness.

He knew the last thing in the world he needed to see was Darkness. He took a calm breath and looked up. He had to focus his powers. He had to scare this man so that he could escape. "Back. Away. Now."
Back to top Go down
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:44 am

"I'm afraid I can't do that." Marco replied with a shake of his head, glancing down at the knife he held. It still had traces of blood on it from his last victim, but that didn't really bother him. "Besides, why would I want to? I'm not missing out on a chance to get rid of another of you people."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 12:00 pm

"If ya haven't noticed," Grant growled as he looked at the blood stained knife, "YOU are one of us. You have powers! You think them people you work for are gonna let you live when you've eradicated everyone else? Fuck no."
Back to top Go down
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:51 am

"I'm not one of you!" Marco snapped in response. "They said they'd fix me once I help them, that they'll make me normal again once I'm done!" He was repeating lies he'd been fed, but shadow manipulator didn't know any better, thinking the words true.

"They aren't going to let me live, not like this anyway. You will all be gone and I'll be human, like them."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 pm

"Make you normal? Fuck, no one can make you normal. This is normal," Grant snorted, "There's no real thing as normal."
Back to top Go down
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:07 am

"They can too!" Marco responded angrily, the air growing darker around him in response. "They told me they could, they showed me!" He started forwards with his knife in hand, slowly advancing on Grant before suddenly stopping. Crying out in pain, he dropped his knife to put his hands to his head before falling to his knees in response to an unseen trigger.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Grant didn't want to care about why the man had dropped to his knees. He didn't want to help the man that wanted to kill him.

But if life had taught him one thing, it was that helping others like him was all some people had.

He stood, crossing over to him.

"I dunno who told you that...but you're fine."
Back to top Go down
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:47 am

"I am not!" Marco snapped at him in response, attempting to cloak himself in darkness, though he was struggling to create any at all with the pain in his head. Instead, he reached for his knife he'd dropped, angrily gesturing for the other man to back off with his other hand. "Get away from me!"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:30 am

"What is wrong with you?" Grant asked, kneeling next to him, "I'm offering help."
Back to top Go down
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:40 am

"I never said I wanted it." Marco growled, although he didn't sound as angry about being offered help this time. "Besides, it's you that'll need it if you hang around too long." he added, attempting to still sound threatening.

Last edited by Marco Ellis on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:57 am

"Fine," Grant growled as he shook his head, pulling his hood up over his face. "C'mon, we're gettin' outta here."
Back to top Go down
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:57 pm

Marco rolled his eyes, but got to his feet anyway, collecting his weapon as he did so. He glanced over his shoulder as if worried someone was following them, but stayed quiet and simply nodded at the other man's words.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:43 am

Grant took a deep breath, leading Marco to the tunnel he had started using to get from point A to point B so no one would see him. "You know...those people you work for aren't really going to help you."
Back to top Go down
Marco Ellis

Marco Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 10:15 am

"What makes you so sure of that?" Marco asked as he followed the younger man. "Unlike myself, you have never met these people."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Left To Lose (open)   Nothing Left To Lose (open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nothing Left To Lose (open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2