No Heroes or Villains In This Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Loki

Loki

I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:38 am

"Stark is no threat to- " Loki started before Coulson had finished speaking, quickly going quiet when Bruce Banner was mentioned. His expression then changed, looking almost as if he was going to burst into tears at the thought of being humiliated by the scientist's alternate form again.

As he stood there with his hands up, Loki used the mention of the Hulk to his advantage.

"Why must I be playing?" He asked, mentally recalling bad experiences from his past so he'd look more genuinely upset, frightened even. "I... I simply do not wish to face that monster again." He added quietly.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:46 am

Phil wished he could say that he took no joy in seeing the facial expression on Loki's face once he mentioned "the other guy". But that was a lie and Phil had swore to himself that he would no longer lie if he could help it. Lying had almost cost him good friends and he'd be damned if he let that happen again.

"You're playing because I know you don't give up without a good reason. What do you have planned?"
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:54 pm

“I have planned nothing.” Loki mumbled, lowering his head. Obviously this man wasn’t as easy as Thor to fool. He would have to make it much more convincing. Mentally cursing at having to do so, Loki slowly dropped to his knees, hands still up. “I simply do not wish to meet with the green monster again.”

He shivered at the thought, that part at least was true. He didn’t want to run into Banner. He glanced up at Coulson, genuine fear in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Phil looked at Loki and, for safe measure, cuffed his hands. As the new director of S.H.I.E.L.D, he always made sure he was prepared when he ran into anyone who was or could be a threat. He helped to lift Loki, still not liking the fact that he surrendered so easily. "Tell me...why are you on Midgard?"
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:29 am

If he wasn't trying to give off a certain appearance, Loki would have been snarled. Handcuffs? While he was offended and greatly opposed to the idea, he was also relieved that it wasn't chains or the metal muzzle he'd been fitted with after his last trip to New York. So, instead of responding how he really wished to, he simply kneeled there until the agent was done.

"I already told you," He huffed, not amused that Coulson felt the need to help the god to his feet. He supposed it was just something they did on Midgard though. "I heard the 'great' agent Coulson had lived. I merely wanted to see for myself." He knew he'd said earlier that was just part of his plan, but he was hoping Coulson had forgotten that.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:25 am

Phil shook his head, "I don't trust you Loki. I know you better. I've seen what you can do, the dark things that you are capable of. You don't just wanna see that I lived. You've got something planned in that brain of yours."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:19 am

"Fine, distrust me all you like, but do you not work for the most deceitful agency of them all?" Loki said, looking at him curiously. His gaze went to the area of Coulson's chest where Loki had stabbed him before he looked back up at the agent with a knowing look. S.H.I.E.L.D was infamous when it came to giving people correct information.

"Even if I am planning something, would you not rather put me someplace 'safe' to prevent such plans being carried out?"
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 3:14 pm

"S.H.I.E.L.D can't always tell people what's going on," Phil replied, though deep down he had been distrusting of his own organization since he had almost died. When Loki gazed at his chest, a hollow feeling eminated from his stomach. Did he know? Did Loki know that sometimes Phil thought they didn't tell him the truth.

"The last time we put you in a safe area, you got out."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 8:42 am

"Mm true, but that cage was an idea of Fury's was it not?" Loki asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'm sure you of all people would be smarter than he was. Or are you perhaps scared that I'll get out again? Do you not think that foolish?" He held up his hands, showing they were still cuffed. He hoped it would reassure the agent that he was unable to do anything.

In truth though he could get away fairly easily; the trickster had more powers than he'd shown the first time he'd run into Coulson.
His plan had been to get caught by an agent in the first place, the fact he'd found Coulson had just been an added bonus. He'd meant to go quietly along with one of the agents though but seeing as he was in public with Coulson, Loki had decided to make a show of it. It would just add to what he had planned for later.

"I...I will do as you say, as long as you keep that monster away from me." He said quietly.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 am

Phil looked down, "Yes, the cage was Fury's idea but we thought that it was a good idea. You may be trying to use flattery but it will get you no where. I hate you, Loki, with all of my heart and all of my soul. I still have nightmares about what you put me through. You killed me. For all I know, you have something planned and you've been working on my powers."

He took a deep breath and looked back at him, "I should tell you that if you do anything to make me suspect you, then you're going back to Thor. Do you get that?"
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:41 am

"Flattery? Oh no. If my 'silver tongue' is wasted on one such as Heimdall, I am certain it will not work on one such as yourself. You mortals do claim yourself to be 'smarter' than everything after all." The word 'mortals' was emphasised by the trickster simply to bother Coulson. After he'd mentioned having nightmares, Loki had decided to rub in the fact that he was indeed mortal and would one day actually be lost beyond the point of return.

Unlike Loki.

No, the trickster was different. Like all the Asgardians, Loki wouldn't ever die of old age and while they could be killed in battle, they were much more resistant to injury than humans were. Ever since Loki's first visit to New York though, he had been worried when he realised that the Hulk could actually harm him, yet weapons made by the humans did so little.
While his real reason for wanting to be taken to S.H.I.E.L.D's base was so he could gather information he needed, part of his reasoning to have Coulson take him there was to avoid accidentally running into the green monster. At least in a cell he'd be safer.

'Besides,' he thought. 'Once I escape from them again, the agent who brings me in will lose whatever credibility they had. The fact it's Agent Coulson makes it all the more satisfying.'

At the mention of Thor, a mix of emotions showed in Loki's eyes, changing from anger to hatred and sadness. He slowly shook his head, breaking eye contact with the agent to then sigh and hang his head.

"You cannot do that." He told the man, his voice quiet. "Thor believes I am dead."

((Thor 2 references, without giving away major details  tongue  ))
Back to top Go down
Harris Freeman

Harris Freeman

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Phil had been texting away for back up as Loki spoke, wanting two of his rookie agents to come and help with this. Leo needed the field experience and Rebecca was never against helping him with what he needed. He smiled wanely at Loki, "I've been told that Heimdall is quite an unhumorous man. "

The word mortal didn't hurt quite like it should have. He knew that one day he would die. Death had greeted him like an old friend once before. He didn't think he would have a problem with it when they met again. All he could hope for was that not only did he die quick but that he died without fighting as well.

"By the way, Loki, I'm no longer an Agent. Well, not just an agent. I'm Director Coulson now," he chuckled. With a frown, he cocked his head to the side, "He thinks your dead? Why?"
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 am

"Indeed he is. I imagine he'd have to be to do the job he d- What are you doing?" As he'd spoken, Loki had finally realised Coulson was doing something with the small object, the name of which he was sure he'd heard before, but was struggling to remember it at the time.

Frowning when he realised his words hadn't hurt the man like he'd intended them to Loki shifted slightly, meaning to attack despite the handcuffs. Coulson spoke again though and Loki never got any further than shifting a foot slightly.
He stood there with a blank expression, almost missing the former agent's question, his mind quickly working out whether or not the change of position would effect his plan at all, adjusting details slightly as he thought about the possibilities.

Loki blinked a few times as he focused his attention back on Coulson, shrugging his shoulders. "He thinks it so because he saw it." He replied casually.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:21 am

"What am I doing? It's real simple," Phil shot him a grin, "I'm using my cell phone to ask for back up. You didn't think that I would be all alone. No, no. See, while I'm here, my agents have been waiting for someone to come and approach me. We didn't think it was going to be you, not really. We were more expecting one of our on the street operatives. The fact that we've just picked up a villain doesn't bother me."

He let out a dry, humorless chuckle before shaking his head, "Thor doesn't know you're alive because you don't want him to know you're alive. You know...death isn't that bad. Sometimes, it can be just what a villain needs to get the clarity he thinks he needs."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:46 am

"So they aren't prepared for someone unfriendly are they?" Loki asked the man with a small smirk. Knowing there were others coming only gave him more ideas, hoping he could at least have some fun after his irritation over the handcuffs.

"Tell me agent; are they more experienced than you were? Are they better prepared for such things than what you had been in the past...?" As he spoke, Loki used his magic to create an illusion only Coulson would see. The illusion made him look as he had back on the Helicarrier, when he thought he'd killed the man. His hair appeared shorter and his face was tired-looking and pale, almost as if he'd been unwell. He grinned the same way he had when he'd attacked Coulson. "You don't want them to end up like you... Do you?"

The illusion disappeared and Loki looked around, trying to spot the agents Coulson had said were on their way. After a moment, he looked back at the new Director, raising an eyebrow. "You really believe dying will change a 'villain's' attitude? Not all of us work in the same ways. I have died Coulson. It only reaffirmed my hatred for Odin and the other Asgardians!" He spat. "It matters not if you died after only a few seconds. You should give the slow, painful ways of death a try!"
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:30 am

The vision shook him to the very foundation of what he was. He watched it all as it happened, actually seeing himself dying. His hand went up to his chest and he took a slow breath. He had been stabbed for Gods sake and he felt as if he was still the same man he had been.

Then Loki did the ONE thing that he would kill even Tony Stark for.

Loki had threatened his daughter.

In a move uncharacterstic of the agent, he grabbed the god by his collar and pulled him close, "You listen to me you sick son of a Jotun bitch, if you so much as look at Rebecca in the wrong way I will have Tony hook YOU up to the Arc reactor and see what we can't do. She's the only thing I have left in this world other than my job."

He took a deep breath and looked as he saw Lola, complete with Rebecca driving and Fitz in the passengers seat, and looked at Loki, "I don't care if you have died or not. You will NEVER know the pain I felt that day..."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:10 am

Despite what he'd just done, Loki was still surprised by Coulson's actions. He involuntarily gasped as the man grabbed him, flinching out of habit, expecting Coulson to hit him. "I'm not scared of your pathetic human technology." He lied. He'd heard about the arc reactor and after trying to brainwash Stark, he knew it had some sort of power even Stark himself was unaware of.

"You're right," He said sarcastically. "I'll never know what it's like, fearing I'll never be able to see someone I love again."

He glared at Coulson, no longer bothering to pay attention to the arriving agents, trying to pass off his hurt look as hatred for the man before him.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:03 pm

"Yeah, you are scared Loki. The sooner you can admit that, the sooner you should worry about it," Coulson let go of Loki, turning to greet Rebecca and Leo with bright eyes. "Hello you two! Look what sort of person I managed to find this morning."

Rebecca shifted the weight from her left foot to her right, holding the cane that she used on many outings. To several people it looked just like a decorative cane that one would carry for fun. To her it was often the only thing that helped her to move. "Loki..."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:43 am

As Coulson tried to get the trickster to admit he was scared, he felt his anger building up inside him. It was very rare to see him unleash his full rage and the humans here on 'Earth' were still yet to see just how bad it could get. Thor and the other Asgardians knew though.

"I. Am. Not." Loki said through gritted teeth. Hearing the cheerful way the man spoke to the others after Loki had scared him before made him that much more irritated.

"Of course I am Loki!" He snapped in response to Rebecca's words, his eyes briefly focusing on her cane before he glared at her. "Not like I'm one of you pathetic humans." He added, taking in the appearances of the two younger agents.

"Wait- Loki as in...?" Leo, better known as Fitz, started before swallowing nervously, suddenly wishing he was back in the lab. "What...what is he doing here?"
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 am

Hearing the word pathetic used to describe her didn't hurt Rebecca. It was often a word she used to describe herself when she was in a low mood. With a deep breath, she glared at him with a growl in her tone. "No, no you're not. We have humanity, we are good people. You're a man who doesn't belong here."

Phil looked at Fitz, patting his shoulder, "Not sure. We're bringing him back to base."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 8:39 am

Loki rolled his eyes at Rebecca's words and would likely have tried to hit her if he wasn't trying to appear as if the handcuffs actually stopped him causing trouble. "How dare you speak to me that way! I am a god!" He hissed, angrily taking a step towards her.

Fitz tensed, despite Phil's attempt to comfort him and after hearing that they were taking him with them, he quickly looked up at his boss. "We're taking him with us? Is... Are you sure that's safe?" He couldn't help but worry at the idea, having never actually seen a lot of the heroes and villains everyone talked about before; at least not in person.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:19 pm

"You're not a god," Rebecca chuckled, "You're an alien race that the Norse decided to worship as gods. Trust me, I've done my research. I've read almost every one of Jane Foster's papers about you and your brother. Plus I've got great in field experience." She wasn't afraid of him, Rebecca feared very little except losing her father.

Phil nodded, looking at Fitz over his shoulder, "You don't think that's a good idea? We can keep a close eye on him at S.H.I.E.L.D."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:37 am

"I am a god." Loki replied confidently, standing up straight. At 6'4", he towered over a lot of the humans. He grinned, though there was a cold, almost sinister look in his eyes as he faced Rebecca. "Those Norse were perhaps the only smart people on this planet. It is a shame they aren't around more, they knew true power when they saw it."

"I suppose if he's locked up it's safer," Fitz muttered, though he still looked as if he didn't think it was a good idea. "But... do you really want him at the headquarters, around us?" By 'us', the engineer actually meant Coulson; at least that was his main concern; almost all the S.H.I.E.L.D employees knew what happened when Coulson had met Loki. Fitz didn't really want it to happen again, he liked working with Coulson and the rest of their team, despite the dangers they'd been through.

He went quiet, hoping Coulson would realise what he actually meant, then suddenly remembered the case he was holding in one hand and held it out to Coulson.

"Oh, right. I brought this in case there was some sort of trouble; you know, because with us there usually always seems to be...but I'm not sure how much use the gun'll be on him..." Fitz said, slowly turning his head to look over at Loki, swallowing nervously. They'd used the 'night-night' gun a number of times on missions before, as it helped stop potential attackers by knocking them out instead of hurting them, but as Fitz pointed out, he had no idea if it would even work on someone like Loki.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:26 am

"The Norse were smart," Rebecca agreed, a smirk playing across her lips. "But they just weren't smart enough. They became too power hungry and thought that they could take over other worlds. They were wiped out. You know...you could actually learn a lot from the Norse before you end up getting wiped out."

She leaned in so only he could hear the next part, "Because if you ever hurt someone I care about ever again, I'm going to wipe you out."

Phil looked at the younger man, who was the closest thing that he had to a son. Yes, he loved Rebecca and wouldn't change that for the world but there was the fact that sometimes boys were just easier to talk to. "I'll be fine Fitz, we all will be. I'm going to have Rebecca use some of the technology for the cells that you and Simmons have cooked up for me. It should be a lot harder for him to escape from that."

Looking at the gun, Phil nodded, "You keep that on you. I've got two of my guns on me and knowing Becca, right now she's a walking arsenal."
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 8:09 am

"How dare you speak to me like that! You should know better than to anger those more powerful than you!" Loki growled, aiming a kick at her weaker leg in frustration. As soon as he did it he thought maybe doing so wasn't really a smart idea, but it was too late by then. He just had to hope she didn't make a big deal of it or make the others aware of his actions.

"Alright. I guess that's probably a good idea...assuming it works...not like we've been able to test it for moments like this..." Fitz replied, though it was more like he was muttering to himself than speaking to Coulson, still nervous about being around Loki. "It'll be fine..." He tried to reassure himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)   I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Was Not Afraid Then, I'm Not Afraid Now (For Shea)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next