No Heroes or Villains In This Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventually the time comes when those with powers have a choice to make: do what they feel is right or let power corrupt. Sometimes these choices, though made for the right reason, are what make heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Just Want A Normal Life (open)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:18 am

As Remy listened to her speak, he couldn't help but grow angry, despite what she said about him being able to fix things with his 'friend'. He glanced back at the cards that were in his collection of things from his pockets down on the floor, tempted to go grab them out of habit, but he didn't. Instead he chose the non-violent reaction, already in enough trouble.

"You think you had it bad 'cause you moved around to different homes an' schools with your family? That's a much more normal life den Remy ever had- or ever will have! My real parents sent me to an orphanage from birth because I was 'evil', I never went to a proper school, I learned from the orphanage, or on the streets, or from other thieves until I met one of de X-Men! You should be thankful agent that all you were ever considered weird for was because your daddy lives in his suit. You should be thankful you have always had a home!" He snapped at her, one hand curling into a fist. "You normal people t'ink you have it so bad, yet so many of you are happy to help make people like Remy's worse!"
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Rebecca knew that he was angry through the emotion that showed in his eyes. She hadn't meant to anger him but she thought that she had a bad childhood. Moving from place to place to place didn't allow for her to have many friends while Phil was always in the suit or always recruiting another super hero. For a while, in her teenage years, she had hated them. She thought of them as troublesome and something that should be hated. As she grew she realized that they were one of the only things keeping him sane.

"Look, I didn't mean to make you angry! I knew you probably didn't have the best of lives but I didn't either! We moved around so much so that dad could find heroes for S.H.I.E.L.D's menagerie! I didn't get to make friends, all I got was people who knew me as the weird quite girl!" Rebecca shouted back, her hands balling into fists. "I would NEVER hurt a mutant or anyone with a power!"
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:03 am

As she responded to his outburst, Remy stayed silent, working on calming himself down before he accidentally ended up hurting her. He took a breath, taking a small step back so they were out of arm's reach of each other, absent-mindedly putting a hand to his shoulder.

Nodding slowly, Remy chose his words deliberately when he spoke, his voice cold. "Oh no, of course not. You'd never hurt a mutant physically..."

Those words were a sign that emotionally, he'd closed himself of to her. He wasn't going to let her see whether or not he cared about others anymore. At least not for now. It was something he'd learned over the years to protect himself -and others- from people who would otherwise use his emotions against him.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 am

"I'd never hurt a mutant at all..." Rebecca frowned, judging from his body movements that he was no longer keen on letting her in to help. "You know...I know what it's like to want to be normal. I really do. But maybe you should focus on what makes you extraordinary instead..."

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, debating if she should let him out or not.
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:27 am

"Right. Well why don't you do the same den hmm?" Remy said, rolling his eyes. "You should be happy you still got to be wit' your father and see all these places your old friends will prob'ly never see."

He crossed his arms, watching her suspiciously. He'd never really trusted her much in the first place, rarely trusting anyone so soon after meeting them and was trying to decide whether or not he should just forget about the fact that they'd just yelled at each other.

He let out a sigh and closed his eyes, focusing in calming down.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:53 am

"Old friends? Remy, since I started moving around I lost touch with everyone I once considered a friend. For the last eighteen years, it's been me and dad against the world."

She stared at him, trying to decide if she trusted him. He was a thief after all, one of the most notorious in the world. Everyone had heard of Remy LeBeau. Everyone had heard of the work he did with the X-Men as well though. He was a good man deep down, that much Rebecca knew. She just wasn't sure if she trusted him.
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 8:54 am

"Sorry cherie, but things like that are part of life, even if you ain't part of the superhero side. We jus' happen to have more of de bad stuff then 'normal' people do 'cause that's how they make it." Remy said with a shrug of his shoulders, already mostly over their mini argument.

He opened his red eyes to look at Rebecca, absent-mindedly rubbing his shoulder; partly because it hurt, but also because despite his confident appearance, Rebecca actually managed to make him nervous. Normally, he'd brush agents off as all being idiots, but not these Coulsons. Neither of them seemed all that bothered by his appearance, the explosion he'd caused was really the only thing he'd noticed scare either of them. Most people were scared just by looking at him; or they fell for his charm. That fact that these two didn't bothered him.

"I- Remy will still help...if you want him too dat is." The Cajun said quietly, lowering his head a little, almost as if he was bowing it in submission.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 3:05 pm

"It made me who I am today," Rebecca simply shrugged. That was the last word on the matter, she had made up her mind. She didn't want Remy to think that she was helpless and just a little girl in a world full of grown up agents and scary super powered men.

Truth was, she wasn't Rebecca could read people like an open book and the only thing that truly scared her was when her father had almost died. She didn't let Remy know how scared she was of the explosion for the mere fact that she had been reminded of that day all those years ago that she had almost lost him.

"I would like your help Remy, I would like for us to be friends."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:18 am

"Friends...?" Remy shifted his feet as he thought about how few people there were he actually considered friends, and not just allies he only sometimes got along with or trusted. He had a feeling that they might never really trust him after he'd tried stealing from Stark, but then he also hoped that the fact they didn't respond to him the same way others did made the two agents different.

"...I guess we could be. If you can put up wit' me." He smirked.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Rebecca nodded, showing that she meant no ill will towards the man locked in the cell. "Look, I probably shouldn't do this...dad would get mad at me and I may be called in for questioning by him and some of the other agents but...if you want you're free to go."

She unlocked the cell, hoping that he would trust her enough to stay. She could help him, she honestly could.
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:35 am

Remy watched her curiously as she spoke, considering her words carefully. His eyes were on the open door, but he stayed where he was, shaking his head instead. "Chérie, Remy LeBeau may be a theif, but that doesn't mean he has no honour. I said I'd help you, so I'm gonna help. ...Besides, gettin' rid of that man'd be good for ol' Remy too."

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 10:22 am

Rebecca smiled, having thought Remy to be an honorable man. "Thank you. You're still free to leave the cell though. If you're going to help me, you're going to be treated like an agent or at least a hero liason to S.H.I.E.L.D. Besides..." she chuckled, "I should know better than anyone you can't always walk the straight and narrow."
Back to top Go down
https://the-heroes-and-villa.forumotion.com
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySat May 24, 2014 9:49 am

"Oh? I wasn't aware S.H.I.E.L.D trusted me enough for that." Remy said, looking surprised. "Thought maybe they'd be worried Remy'd steal something, or distract the ladies from their work." He added with a smirk.

"Non, 's a lot harder than people assume it is to follow a straight path." He shrugged in response to her words.
Back to top Go down
The Coulson Duo

The Coulson Duo

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:35 pm

"S.H.I.E.L.D may not trust you enough, no, but I do Remy and earning my trusth is just as hard. You want to protect your friend, I know that you wouldn't do anything to risk it," Rebecca shrugged, "Following the straight and narrow all the time can get you killed in my line of work. Not everything is black and white."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:13 am

"Hm. ...all de more reason to stop this guy non?" Remy replied after a moment. The main reason for Remy that things weren't 'black and white' as Rebecca put it, was because of the man he'd told her of. Or at least mentioned to her. He still hadn't explained all that much. "...would dey trust Remy maybe if he helps stop this guy?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 12:46 pm

"Well, to be honest, some of them would, yes. Dad on the other hand...you stole from Tony Stark and ran smack dab into Captain America. I don't think he'll be so keen at first," Rebecca admitted with a chuckle. "Just...do me a favor. The next ti?e you go to start a big explosion...warn me first."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:49 am

"Hm, prob'ly not... 'specially not if I annoyed the Captain." Remy sighed. He'd heard Coulson admired the hero, Wolverine speaking with the Avengers every now and then always resulted in some interesting stories when he returned to the X-Mansion. After Rebecca chuckled he was surprised to hear her speak so lightly about the explosion he'd caused earlier. He figured she'd still be annoyed. "Warn you? Oui, I can do that. Being 'round de X-Men you don't think about it bothering people so much, dey mostly just get used to each other's powers. Wasn't all dat big though, the explosion... Remy coulda made it much bigger." He said with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 11:43 am

Rebecca smiled wide as she started the walk through the halls. "Dad does idolize him...its the reason he became an agent in the first place. He wanted to help like Cap'n did all those years ago."

Bigger explosions? Lovely.

It wasn't that she was afraid of them, persay, she hated the memories they envoked. "Look...if I tell you why Idont like explosions...you have to keep it secret."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:04 am

Before following her, Remy made sure he had at least one deck of cards with him, sliding it into a pant pocket before catching up to Rebecca. He nodded as he listened to her, keeping a couple of steps back. "I suppose everyone has a hero they idolise, in dere own ways. S'pose most of 'em here have someone like dat to keep them motivated, no?"

He turned his head to look at her, raising an eyebrow. He was definitely curious about why the explosion had bothered her. "Why would Remy go tellin' people for? Course it'll be a secret. You can trust me when it comes to those t'ings, I'm a thief remember." Although that probably sounded bad to some people, Remy thought he was being reassuring. Thieves often had to keep quiet to keep themselves safe after all.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 12:09 pm

"Everyone? Does that mean you have a hero you idolize, Remy?" she asked, as a way to make conversation. Hearing that he wouldn't tell on her, she took a deep breath. "I didn't intend on becoming a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. I had seen what the agency could do, both the good and the bad of it. I was around for the Hydra fiasco, after all. Anyways...before S.H.I.E.L.D, I was an army member. I rose through the ranks pretty quickly..."

She took a deep breath as she continued, "I was travelling with my company and a roadside bomb took out the car in front of us, causing our car to wreck badly. We lost the life of our sargent, a friend of mine lost an arm...that's where I injured my leg and why I don't like explosions."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 9:47 am

"-I might." Remy replied after a moment's hesitation, shrugging with one shoulder. It was something he'd never normally admit, worried people would think his reasons behind his choice to be silly.
He watched her curiously as she spoke, surprised to hear someone from S.H.I.E.L.D actually talking about something personal.

"Hmm. Not surprising the reason comes from the army, never really hear of many comin' back without any issues." He said with a frown. "Not really a fan of underground places like sewers m'self..."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 7:03 pm

"Ya don't like underground places?" Rebecca asked, looking over with a few tears dotting her eyes, "I'm sorry about this. Crying? It's...it's unprofessional."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 4:05 am

"Uh...not really, no." Remy replied hesitantly before shaking his head. "Non, crying means you care about things. Only people who don't at times really are those who only care 'bout themselves, or no one at all; like dem emotionless business types ya have up the top of places like S.H.I.E.L.D...no 'ffence."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Rebecca's eyes narrowed, "Not all the business types are cold. You forget...my father is that business man at the top of S.H.I.E.L.D."
Back to top Go down
Remy LeBeau

Remy LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:23 am

"Didn't mean him," Remy replied with a shrug of his shoulders. "Meant the other guy who used to run de place; the one I actually met." He hadn't meant to annoy her, Remy had simply forgotten Fury was no longer in charge; he had only learnt it since being arrested after all.

"Don' really know what your father's like, besides when I annoyed him jus' before."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Just Want A Normal Life (open)   I Just Want A Normal Life (open) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Just Want A Normal Life (open)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next